BerserkerDay Itch

@Jim_Anderson glad I saw this, so I added you to the BD14 group, as I PMed those from BD13 but you weren’t on it.

Still sore you didn’t turn all that smoke-damaged wine into a Mezcal or something. Imagine one of those bars on property with a still in it - epic.

3 Likes

I have scored some of the best wine deals I have ever had in my wine journey on BerserkerDay over the years!..So much so that in fact I keep telling myself every January that I need to slow down on my purchases a bit…but the great wines and incredible deals make me weak and I just can’t resist…

3 Likes

That’s the Berserker spirit!

3 Likes

Uh, we did. It’s part of some of the best whiskey you will ever taste.

1 Like

WUT

Want.

3 Likes

I hope the rumors of Cabot returning are true.

1 Like

I feel like I’ve mentioned this here somewhere. Buying local grains (barley and rye) from small, independent growers and blending with our brandy at around 85/15 grain to brandy and barreling down. Our distiller is the shit. So much so that I bought the distillery she was working at (with her and my associate winemaker) so we could go deep on stuff.

5 Likes

Storage is beyond capacity with quite a few wines still in pre-arrival :woozy_face:, but I am looking forward to seeing the offers from Maison Harbour, Ansonia, Paetra, stars&dust (will Nikki come back?), glasvin, Sabelli Frisch, Little Wings and some others that I am forgetting at the moment.
In terms of things beyond wine, we will stock up on Veleta.

2 Likes

Franny Beck is good stuff and they usually have great BD offers. It’s been my Thanksgiving go to Pinot for the last few years - flavorful for the non geeks, but with good freshness and complexity to keep me coming back for another glass.

2 Likes

I think you have because I read it somewhere and here would be the most likely place for me to come across it, I would think.

I’m still new to WB and here to learn so am looking forward to learning and participating a bit. Y’all make it sound fun.

2 Likes

You posted about this somewhere, in the spirits forum maybe?

I think Jim is being Tongue in Cheek.

3 Likes

They are…his ‘bubbly’ personality will be back with us…

(hint, hint)

5 Likes

I know I posted about buying the distillery. Wasn’t sure if I mentioned the whiskey making project.

1 Like

Are you going to do the meme contest again this year? That was hilarious.

1 Like

I was fairly new to the site last time. So I will be a bit more prepared this time.

Of my few purchases from Berserker day, I think the most memorable is the Vincent Chardonnays.

Notes for this coming year

1. West coast time, not east coast so it runs longer than you think
  2. Block off time from work or FOMO is going to bite again
  3. It’s not like a flea market where all the good stuff is out there at 5am and gone by 7:30am.
  4. Delivery is not all at once so buy away! It will be more staggered than you think.
3 Likes

Sorta mentioned

1 Like

While Todd is a shameless Shill, he’s not wrong. Grand Cru will go a long way to your Berserker Day happiness. If you like you like GC maybe step up to MC next year.

4 Likes

excited to be able to restock on Veleta! And also glad to have Jim and PGC back this year!

2 Likes