BerserkerDay Itch

Anyone else getting the itch for Berserker Day? I have been an observer the last couple of years and look to participate this year.

What are you hoping to purchase and what new wineries would you realistically like to see participate?

Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

2 Likes

I am!!! I miss it so much. I haven’t participated since 2018 - not easy to now that I’m not in the US. But it’s like Christmas and the Super Bowl all in one, since it even has its own sort of pre-game!!! And the added bonus that we get to support some of our favourite producers!

3 Likes

I just mentioned that in another forum that I am trying to avoid buying any wine until Berserker Day. When, yes, I know I will BUY BUY BUY!!!

Favorite targets for me are always 2-3 New TO ME wineries that look interesting either in location or variety. For me, that means CA or OR, Pinot or other varieties. A couple of my other standards are WA favorites JB Neufeld (for Cab Sauv and Sauv Blanc) and Orr (Chenin Blanc, maybe others depending on the offer). Lagier Meredith, if they participate this year, will also be a MUST BUY for me.

Yes, I have the BD Itch.

1 Like

@Herb_D , I highly recommend, if you plan on participating, to sign up for the Grand Cru Cru. Minimal fee for access to offers a day early and many that may sell out before the main event. I’ve never done the Monopole level but it may be a good fit too.

1 Like

This reminds me I need to start getting the ball rolling a bit! I have a few Newbies already lined up, that’s what gets first take (where Monopole Cru members sign up to be tasters for Newbies, so there are some (two each) notes on these (likely) unknown wineries, lest they get lost in the shuffle and madness

8 Likes

Never too early to check credit card limits and start apologizing to the spouse.

3 Likes

I need to avoid purchasing any wine but am down to my last tins of sardines and tuna. Mackerel all gone.

4 Likes

Consider me signed up.

BUT REALLY THE BIGGEST DEAL IS GLASVIN’s

KANE LUX UNIVERSAL

a truly spectacular universal red stem, available for a limited time…?

or if you want a universal AND an elite burg stem (designed by Fu, also possibly usable for 200 year old cognac), get a package deal for the FU-KANE AWESOME STEM COMBO

It’s a no brainer, unless you have no brains and choose not to buy because you’re literally stupid.

Also cheers to Flannery who saved me more money on black friday than the cost of my monopole membership with their amazing deal.

5 Likes

This - amazing how many still don’t take it, and when ONE OFFER pays for the membership…silly.

Also, will the Kane Lux Universal be for sale on BerserkerDay 14 for realz? If so, my wallet is open.

3 Likes

More dread than anticipation. Cellar is filled to the gills. Going to be a battle keeping myself in check with buying next year. Always cool to see the deals.

2 Likes

Earlier today I was JUST thinking how I need to amp up my wine drinking to make room in my cellar for BD!

1 Like

Friday, this coming year. 8 weeks and counting.

2 Likes

Wasn’t feeling it until a couple of last year’s B Day posts popped up in my Suggested Topics feed (and then disappeared) earlier today

1 Like

Really looking forward to this year, with the rumored/semi announced inclusion of a couple Santa Barbara County ones

2 Likes

Really excited. I should have a countdown calendar so I can rip off each day as we get closer lol. Looking forward to –

Sabelli frisch
Tercero
Ladd
Sandar & Hem - amazing discovery last year.
Ansonia - burg 3 pack last year was bomb
That dude with the aged wine
Flannery
Vincent
Metrick
Someone with old sk00l styled cab
Goodfellow

My credit card is already swooning. Would love to see WA and more Sonoma Coast and solid library options.

1 Like

Looking forward to Veleta Gourmets, looks as if their EVOO is a winner and their wines also look interesting.

Franny Beck also peaks my interest. That guy looks like he makes great wine AND has a sense of humor.

I’m sort of dreading it TBH. I am out of space but there is no way I’ll be able to pass on whatever Goodfellow and Vincent come up with. And probably Ansonia too. (Except they are probably already getting impatient with me not dropping by to pick up the 6 or 7 cases I’ve bought from them this year that they are holding at the warehouse. :rofl:) And then there is Perkins-Harter and Sun Break… And…

We had to pass last year because we basically lost an entire vintage and needed to plan for how to stretch 1 vintage over the course of two+ years.

We are back on track and I’m sure we can figure out some fun offer or two or three to throw down for 2023 BD. Looking forward to being creative.

14 Likes

Us Ancient Wine Guys are still buzzing after the response we got from y’all last year for our first BD…! :flushed: Sorry-not-sorry for the wallets + cellars of those affected by the upcoming BD14…

1 Like

If you bought during the previous BD, Stereophonic’s specials are still active until the end of the year, if anyone is looking.

3 Likes