BERSERKER COGNAC SELECTED! (please sign up for bottles on post 1!)

Once we get more details I will set up a spreadsheet where people can sign up with how many bottles they want to commit to.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested as well.

Probably not interested in buying Cognac, I just donā€™t drink it often, happy to help with selection.

Would be willing to help facilitate Bourbon, Whiskey, or Tequila picks into CA for @ToddFrench to sort out distribution of said picks.

Could also reach out to Remy to see what options, if any, they have for Cognac.

@MChang

1 Like

Count me in as well. Iā€™m interested in purchasing and tasting if it works out.

1 Like

Count me in! Iā€™d love to help with the pick as well.

1 Like

I think bourbon and whisky would definitely be interesting for people. I think regarding brandy people probably are more interested in smaller producer picks for now in my experience but weā€™ll see.

BTW the last time this was done with the serious brandy facebook group, Amy Pasquet did a zoom tasting which was pretty cool.

You can certainly find more aged or vintage items that route. Let me know if I can help.

Interested

1 Like

yes but need to see pricing.

1 Like

I would anticipate pricing to be between 200 and 300 a bottle, including tax and shipping from europe, but it depends on what we actually pick.

Thanks for looking into this. I am very interested, but $300 would be tough (rolls dice in stock market). Keep me posted.

1 Like

I think much of it also depends on the exchange rate. I believe when the serious brandy purchase was made the exchange rate was worse than it is now. Iā€™m meeting with Amy next Monday so weā€™ll see what our options are. Itā€™s possible theyā€™ll have something significantly cheaper as well. We also have to taste to see what we like best.

That being said, I want people to know what to expect.

My opinion is that the offerings I posted about earlier were artisanal family produced bottlings at cask strength that are 50 years old. If people are willing to pay thousands for bottles of 20 year old mass produced whiskyā€¦

I think you addressed my concern - I find some of the older stuff too woody - and I donā€™t like bourbon.

Thanks! Interested!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t use it for the berserker pick if I didnā€™t think it was great. Pasquet also makes a lot of organic cognac from their own estate vineyards and I think the entire brand very much fits with WB, in the spirit of how many board favorite wineries interact with people during BD. NM is obviously one of my favorites but doesnā€™t interact with afficionados to the same degree as Pasquet does, which is something I think many berserkers really like.

1 Like

Interested

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested!

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested

1 Like

Definitely interested. I like the idea of helping pick but Iā€™m guessing logistics would get in the way.

1 Like

As I alluded to earlier, I will meet with Pasquet next Monday and find out what they have available and how many casks weā€™ll have to select from and what samples are available for tasting. After I have that conversation Iā€™ll have a better sense of how many people we can select for the tasting panel. Next week I should also have a better sense of how much the bottles will cost as well.

4 Likes