Bedrock Fall Release 2018

Got my Sky, wish listed the Tinto.

Well, Matt…it’s just not Bien Nacido Syrah, but the BN X-Block Syrah. Next oldest planting of Syrah in SBC. Usually only
goes to BobLindquist and Randall Grahm. In Morgan’s hands, it should be terrific.

And the Riesling is not to be missed. Most folks look down on Calif Riesling, but Morgan’s is exceptional.
Certainly not Mosel Riesling, but one of the best expressions of R in Calif. I wish someday he’d make
McFadden/PotterVlly R.
Tom

Ha! I thought same and wondered if it was a misprint. I mean, if you get all 10 cases do they just send you your own truck? I usually go big on this, as it’s just a fantastic bargain, but I’m not sure how anyone could go quite that big. (Though I’m betting someone will.)

Considering I’ve still got boxes of Bedrock on my cellar floor (no room) from last year, managed to winnow my buy down to “just” 3.5 cases…And we won’t talk about the other 2 cases worth I waitlisted.

Took all 6 I was allocated of the Bien Nacido. Just can’t pass that up.

Trying to cut back on spending, but couldn’t pass up the Bien Nacido! Also got some Hudson and Esola.

Very tough decisions, but I limited myself to a case and a half.

In for Bien Nacido, Bedrock, Dolinsek, OVZ, and Evangelho. Wishlist for Sky and Tinto.

Will pop a '15 Evangelho tonight to celebrate the release and commemorate the man!

2 cases in, another 2 wish listed

Bien nacido, Evangelho, bedrock, ovz.

$20 for the OV Zin!?!?!?!!? What happend to $19? Old Fatcat Peterson is living it up on our dime!

[Because it’s never clear online, I’ll add this footnote that this is a joke, and I think it’s been $19 for like 6 years, and remains a shockingly good deal at $20]

Real steal of this (fantastic) release is the Bedrock Heritage at $39.

In for the Bedrock, Bien Nacido 750s, Hudson and wishlisted for the Bien Nacido magnums and Sky zin.

Does anyone know when we will find out about the wishlist decision?

man up dude champagne.gif

I think it might be the best QPR in the wine world.

My guess is early next week.

Non-current list members opens in a week, so likely around then

I was not going to buy any but couldn’t help myself after the release email.

I thought Morgan’s take on the modern vs. traditional style Zin discussion we had here (Modern vs Tradition Style Zin - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers) was well written and a great contribution.

Hmm, I am at a loss…they all sound interesting but I cannot buy everything or even close given the 12 wines in the release. Just not sure how to decide on which 3-4 wines to buy a few bottles of each - with over 10 cases of Bedrock in my cellar going back to 2008 I probably shouldn’t rationally be buying anything but will hold myself to a case or so…somehow. With so many bottlings across so many years, I have never really gotten a “sense” for any particular bottling - just cannot buy and drink enough of a given one to get to know it - and so it becomes a guess as to what I might prefer across such a wide array of new releases.

So, how does everyone decide which ones to buy and how many bottles of a given wine to buy?

Worked hard to keep it at a case… Could have easily bought another 2 cases

That is the hard thing about buying Bedrock and a few others, they make so many good wines that you want them all. I have been leaning more towards the syrahs lately but I still mix in some zins here and there, especially the Old Vine. For this release I went with two of each Syrah, three Old Vine, and wishlisted the York Creek.

I don’t buy much CA Syrah these days other than Rhys and Halcon, but I did take 2 bottles of the Bien Nacido along with a couple of Esola and Evangelho, 3 Old Vine, 1 Sky and wishlisted 1 more. That’s how I kept it under a case.