BD15 Delivered and Drunk

Hi all, reporting in with the first Berserker Day 15 deliveries. Who has received what so far? Has it arrived in good shape? What are you enjoying already? What will maybe take time to live up to its potential?

We had a lucky break in Denver weather, or things might have gone badly. Already, I’m jumping the gun and giving everything that comes in a try with the hubs. So far:

1. Sutro came first. Three bottles of 2021 Pinot Noir arrived safely. At first open, it was quite closed off. Tasted daily, it became optimum on third day. Did not use Coravin, just to see how it would improve over time. Noticed more tartrate crystals in the sediment than is usual, probably due to handling.

2. Fogline Vineyards. Second to arrive, had it shipped to commercial address. 2019 Dry Creek Zinfandel - Grist Vineyard, a pleasure from first sip! Juicy, nice acidity, red fruit coming through for me. Blended with a little Syrah and Petit Syrah, apparently, and a good choice.

I have received:

6 pack of Chard (well, 1 PN) from Vincent
6 pack of Ursa from Baer
3 pack from Perkins Harter
2 pack of port from Deaver
18 lbs meat from Flannery
2 tins caviar from Astrea

I have imbibed:

2 of Vincent (PN - yummy, Chard - omfg)
1 Ursa
1 port
1.5 lbs hanger steak
1 tin caviar

3 Likes

Ive eaten quite a few bags of Dicks

2 Likes

we had a couple of bags of Dick’s yesterday-right there with ya Max

1 Like

I’ve gotten my Flannery and Morgan Ranch shipments but have yet to cook any.

Wine wise, I’ve received Kelley Fox and Hundred Suns. So far only popped a KF 2019 Maresh Royal Ann (which was fantastic). Championship Bottle is meant to arrive this week.

1 Like

My Perkins Harter arrived but I haven’t opened any yet. Flannery made it to the freezer. I see my big box of Dick’s is on the way.

2 Likes

Ahh, I yet again missed out on Vincent, and you’ve got yours already. Nice choices all!

Delivered:

Flannery ribeyes - seriously delicious
Tekstura - will sit on them for a while
Belharra - drank a rose, happy I bought a case
Sabelli-Frisch - rose and white, so will get into them soon
Dick’s
Tercero - can’t wait for an excuse to get into these whites

3 Likes

Received a wine shipment yesterday via UPS, the driver said ‘lots of wine shipments today, wow’ and I wanted to tell him it was because of BerserkerDay

4 Likes

I’ve cooked up one hanger and one lamb from Flannery, both excellent. I’ve received Walter Scott and Violin, thinking of popping one of the later tonight. Still waiting on my bags of Dick’s tho!

2 Likes

Eric wants his Dicks!

2 Likes

I received Championship bottle three days ago. If you have any notes on the KF, please post them on the Kelley Fox thread. There has been some dispute as to whether or not the 2019s are closed down.

1 Like

We received the flannery beef brisket of which we smoked for the superbowl. Literally one of the top ten best meat experiences of my life

5 Likes

forgot, we also had a tinned fish dinner the other evening, ventresca, sardines, fried mussles, homemade crusty sourdough and mustard. So good.

1 Like

Lagier Meredith - 6 bottles of Tribidrag arrived yesterday

2 Likes

Those of you that ordered Violin are going to be very, very, very happy. This is really good stuff!

4 Likes

Just received my Edaphos mixed case. Opened the Petite Arvine first, really enjoying it.

Don’t think I’ve ever had a Petite Arvine before, but it’s lovely. Honey, lime, grapefruit? Fresh and nice.

3 Likes

PSA, the Edaphos line is being discontinued. Big discounts on the entire line; sale is through tomorrow I think.

3 Likes

I’m sure there isn’t any way @ToddFrench can police this, but it does leaves a bad taste to close it down and have a fire sale just a few weeks after participating in BerserkerDay.

Any highlights? I didn’t get order on BD but may buy with the mailing list release coming up.