Bad Behavior from entitled 25 year old wine influencer

This is abhorrent.

3 Likes

Sounds like she wanted attention and she got it.

3 Likes

I confess I did sort of chuckle at this:

“I don’t want to learn about fertilization of grass in the middle of France in a town of a population of 300 at 8:34am after I’ve just walked a mile and a half and there’s yet to be a glass of wine in my hand,” she griped.

8 Likes

I saw the humor in it and thought she was pretty funny. Not appropriate but a lot of humor isn’t. OTOH, I’ve got a problem with anyone taking the term “influencer” seriously or without ridicule or irony.

13 Likes

Watched a few minutes of a couple of videos. The sad part is imagining how many young ladies might be influenced into thinking that kind of self-presentation and attitude is a good thing.

About the trashiest content I have seen in quite some time.

4 Likes

My issue is two fold.

1. I think this woman may be an alcoholic. Showing up hung over on a couple hours sleep and then complaining there isn’t a glass of wine in your hand to drink (not taste) is not a good sign.

2. if you are wielding the power of influence, don’t be an ass. It’s not hard. Be gracious, and don’t act like a spoiled brat.

7 Likes

I’ll have to admit I now avoid winery visits that include a vineyard tour. They are all the same. Cellar is OK but no more walking the vines.

3 Likes

I have a pretty acidic sense of humor and I didn’t find her funny or witty at all. Just an entitled little POS. Her one humorous quote refers to her dissatisfaction at not having a wine glass in her hand yet — at 8.34 AM. She needs at least 2 12-step programs IMO - one for alcoholism and the other to learn how to be a decent human.

5 Likes

And she was hung over, and didn’t go to sleep until dawn.

1 Like

To paraphrase an eminent leader in knowledge, “Skinny, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, kid.”

6 Likes

Crap, I guess I’ll have to change my ways. I can always put on some weight.

2 Likes

There are worse ways to go through life.

2 Likes

It seems that the national pole shortage is driving people into lines of work for which they are underqualified.

8 Likes

Ouch. But accurate.

1 Like

Priceless response.

4 Likes

Please explain what is a qualified influencer.

Lots of questions.

Is there an influencer school, and can you get a degree in influencing?
Is there an age limit?
Can you have too high an IQ?
Can you be an ugly influencer?
Do you have to be self nominated or can you recommend some else to influence?

4 Likes

You have to be selected by an influencer influencer.

2 Likes

I’d say to start counting backwards from her.

3 Likes

“grumpy old men yell at sky for people making money in ways they don’t understand”

Most of these million+ subscriber content creators are making a ton of money with brand deals and their own business lines. Mongeau is hugely popular - someone i drink wine with does her contracts (and other content creators) and said her grind is unreal.

If anyone here has tried to put out their own video content, it’s quite the effort - especially releasing a couple times a week let alone just once a week.

5 Likes

exactly