ANONYMOUS POLL - What were your sales on BerserkerDay 10???

What were your sales numbers for BerserkerDay 10??

• 0-500
  • 501-1000
  • 1001 - 2000
  • 2001 - 3000
  • 3001 - 4000
  • 4001 - 5000
  • 5001 - 7500
  • 7501 - 10,000
  • 10,001 - 15,000
  • 15,001 - 20,000
  • 20,001 - 25,000
  • 25,001 - 30,000
  • 30,001 - 40,000
  • 40,001 - 50,000
  • 50,001 - 60,000
  • 60,001 - 70,000
  • 70,001 - 80,000
  • more than 80,000 (wow)

0 voters

I’ve heard from quite a few people, without urging, sharing their sales numbers with me, and I appreciate it greatly. Last year we discovered (by surprise) that BerserkerDay sales exceeded $500,000!! This year, we had more traffic, and thus we’re hoping for even BIGGER numbers!

PLEASE share - this is anonymous, so you don’t have to worry about anybody seeing your super secret sales numbers, and the only people who can even SEE this poll are the wineries that participated.

To those who already told me their numbers, I’m sorry that you will have to enter them again, but I tried to make it as easy as possible with just clicking a button. I’ve enabled it so that you can change your vote if your numbers change, for whatever reason.

I think I have 80 total ‘Participants’ so that’s how many votes I should have neener

IF YOU HAD MULTIPLE OFFERS/LISTINGS, COMBINE THEM PLEASE!!!

Thanks again Todd!

Thank YOU all!

Merci Todd & Brig! Had a great time as usual and made some good sales. Appreciate all your… and everyones work to make it such a special day.

Happy to be a part of it.

I am so appreciative for this opportunity. The tiny bit of giving back to WB’s with an auction item or two is almost inconsequential compared to the benefit of helping Todd to keep this thing going. Sponsoring BD10 was a pleasure to be able to contribute to and see the resulting increased number of board participants this year!!! Thank you Todd, Brig and everyone behind the scenes!!

Thank you Todd. I LOVE this event every year. What a great opportunity to make new friends and reconnect with others. Happy to share our wine with people who are so enthusiastic. WB fuh-eva!

Thanks everybody! 20 votes in…60 to go!!!

My credit card processor (paypal) does some nice analysis of my sales versus last year’s - just comparing Jan 26&27 from last year. Shows approximately 30% returning customers and 70% new customers. Now some of those “new” customers have likely ordered in years past, but I thought you might be interested in that fact.

Thank you very, very much to all of the behind-the-scenes movers. It’s so fun to watch it grow year by year!

Thanks for the many shout outs and congratulations to all.

Merrill’s data point is very interesting, need to think about exactly what that means. It’s either good news or very good news.

The page views for the offerings were REALLY high. That’s eyeballs. That’s 90% of the challenge in these types of events, getting people to look because they can’t buy if they’re not looking.

Good news is there are areas for improvement. The JJ Buckley auctions items is always a challenge and while it works it can work better for JJB and WB. Love berserkers but the get drunk and start trying to pump up the bidding for items because they’re trying do us a favor by generating more money. We always get a call the next more “uhh, this is a little embarassing but can you give that auction item I won to someone else…” That crap that nobody sees, or should see, that goes on behind the curtain.

Additionally, Todd there was quite a bit of feedback on purchasing on preview day. Some signed up for GCC and then came to purchase at 5, 6, or 7pm and it was closed. We need to clarify that for people that are paying for early access. And then the participates would be better positioned to man their battle stations through the duration.

31 votes…still 49 more to go!

Thanks to Todd and the team for another great day. i took a quick look and our orders were about split down the middle 50/50 - prior vs. new buyers.

I just had so much fun! Thank you for letting me offer my wines to this wonderful community Todd, Brig and everyone else. I wanted to share that my sales were 50/50 split between Saturday and Sunday. The benefit of being a Berserker Business is huge.

Todd/ Brig,

Thank you so much- you guys did a fantastic job this year! Super fun and organized for everyone involved.

All best to you :sunglasses:

Kurt

Only 38 votes - keep them coming, about 42 to go!

I’m 42% repeat, 57% new buyers.

Todd/Brig/All: take sales $ provided with handful of salt. I’ve had other wineries give me completely insane numbers, meant mostly to intimidate and/or overstate a particular producer’s value to your event. Especially in Napa Valley, this is SOP among the competitive types. Sorry to pull back the curtain, or shout emperor has no clothes, but oh well, I already have that reputation :wink:

Still others may downplay their sales, as they fear you might want to somehow extract cash out of them for their so-called profits on the day. Since many of us earn our $$ by giving away our entire margin to encourage TN’s on Cellartracker and trial/discussion of our wines, and give back to the Berserkers who we’ve come to love that order every year, we’ve already given our all at the offer level–and we know you know that. That’s the POINT of BerserkerDay (at least to me).

It is odd that we are open to the mass public and fishing for “Black Friday” bargain hunters, I have to say. I always thought the idea of BDay was to offer a deal for folks who truly love wine, truly are interested to learn about wine and interact with other wine lovers and producers, not just grab a steal and never be heard from again.

Of course what I don’t know, without researching them individually, is which new buyer to Virage is also a newly-signed-up Berserker. Maybe someone been interested a long time and my crazy discounts this year put them over the edge, as it were.

FWIW, my average order size on Preview Day was notably higher than official BerserkerDay. First time I’ve done preview day sales so not sure if others experienced this, or typically experience this.

Hugs and love from vintner with very bleary eyes…

To pick up on what Emily has just said, why a winery or purveyor is allowed to sell goods on Berserkerday without even contributing at the Grand Cru Cru level is beyond me. One customer asked me why some unknowns were held at the top of the list while a 9 year veteran like EMH has their offer tossed out at the end of the offerings is strange. So while I did well this weekend, it did not all feel great. And others noticed it and were in touch with me about it.

Another fine BerserkerDay - thanks for all your hard work, Todd and Brig! [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the comments, folks - wanted to address a couple of them, explain to you the ‘whys’ of it.

I open BerserkerDay up to lurkers (read: anybody) because 1) it helps you sell about 3-4 times the amount of your product, and 2) lurkers/visitors make up over 70% of our overall traffic. Many of our lurkers are more faithful to the site in terms of visiting it daily than those who post frequently, and many have been here for the entire time. You’d be quite shocked how many ‘active’ lurkers there are - literally thousands.

To require participants to pay for Grand Cru Crü status (which wouldn’t work anyway, as that’s a personal subscription, for reading and purchasing benefits, not business) puts a paywall and cost on BerserkerDay. As soon as I do that, it might change - it might not, but it might, and there’s little doubt that BerserkerDay is successful in its uniqueness, so why chance breaking that?

As for launch time, it’s been that way since we got this big, and that’s the only way to be fair. Have to pool the offers and randomize them. Everybody who is in the last group complains, but I can’t put everybody in the first group, or that’s also the last group. Most of you here have seen exactly how valuable the pittance of a $125 BerserkerBusiness membership pays out, as you sell thousands of dollars worth of goods on Preview/Early Purchase day. That’s one way for businesses to overcome the randomness of the number assigning, and many of you have taken advantage of that.

Still 32 votes to go! I know many are still tallying, with extended offers and the like.