America's Best Fried Chicken

Recommended: Fried Chicken: An American Story, John T. Edge, BN No Results Page | Barnes & Noble®

[cheers.gif]

I don’t know how I missed this thread the first time around.

Hollyhock Hill is the real freaking deal…I’ve been going there since I was a kid. I love that they made the list!

I’ve lived in LA my whle life and never been to Panns… I guess I’ll have to give it a try sometime.

On a side note, I took my Mom to dinner last night and we went to Mrs. Knotts Fried Chicken Restaurant at Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park for those not familiar with OC). She loves that place. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there and damn… it was horrible. Chicken was so dry.

I know it’s an amusement park but that restaurant has been known to have great fried chicken for a LONG time. Horrible. My Mom even admitted it was dry. I guess it’s just the nostalgia of her remembering the old days of going there with my Dad.

At least the Boysenberry pie was good

Stroud’s in Kansas City.

Bob is spot on. The CFS isn’t too shabby either.

The Chicken Box in La Habra, CA is my favorite ever.
alan

The KFC buffet.

Hmmm. Never had this. The area has never been my stomping ground but now that my church is in La Habra I have been trying some places. Moros Cuban, G Burger & soon I’ll add Chicken Box.

I will say Popeye’s is pretty awesome. $1 piece tuesdays!

J

The one very near me closed and they are putting an over-priced, overrated Chic Fil-A in it’s place. [cry.gif]

Popeye’s puts the bar pretty high for corporate fried chicken IMHO.

While I’m sure the new location is good. Nothing beat it when it was in a double wide trailer an hour+ drive outside the city. 3 of us devoured 40 pieces plus sides one afternoon with a few 40oz of bud

$1 for 2 pieces here. Love Houston neener

But the best part is that it’s soooo healthy [wink.gif]

Any chance Tom & Gary Cole are related? [snort.gif]

Off to 400 Degrees her in Nashville tomorrow to see how it compares to Prince’s.

And? Assumming you went to the new location. Haven’t been there yet.

J

Missed out due to work getting in the way yesterday and today. Will have to plan on it at a later date.

Unfortunately there can be substantial quality variation. The one that I pass by all the time (next to a grocery store I shop at) is godawful. The one that’s an inconvenient schlep is quite good.