A desert island and ONE producer!

SQN. Reds, Whites, Rose, and stickies. All covered.

Hmmm, Ridge or Rochioli - would be a tough call. Ridge has diversity, but could I live without Pinot Noir? I mean, a desert island is pretty warm, would Monte Bello be too big? Rochioli makes a Rose - ok, I pick Rochioli.

Pine Ridge (just to be different, but still…)

Great Chards, Cab, Merlot, Blends and single-variety wines.

[Edit to add the why]

Assuming a producer I actually buy, I’d take Zepaltas. Great pinot, chard, rose, sb, cf, even oxidized sb for something different.

Jadot - Variety over pure quality (not to suggest their top end is shabby). You can throw in some Beaujolais, Maconnais and in a few years, Oregon. As a Burghead…fairly easy choice IMHO.

RT

Prum. Magnums.

Niepoort

Wouldn’t all the wine be cooked, after just one or two days?

I didn’t see the ‘and why’ part, so I’m expanding here.

While any number of Champagne producers sounds great for a desert island choice, I am all over the place when it comes to what type of wine I’m in the mood for, and Dehlinger covers all of them (except bubbles), and pretty much nails them all: Chardonnay, Rose, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon.

If the question is “What would be the most fun to drink on a tropical island?” then there’s your answer right there - Prum and Salon.

At least if you could find some ice.

Not sure how you would make ice in the tropics without electricity.

What do warm Prum and warm Salon taste like?

Not necessarily - haven’t you heard about the new fad??

CHARLESTON, S.C. – An experiment in the age-old art of winemaking began on Wednesday as a California winery submerged four cases of Cabernet Sauvignon in Charleston Harbor to see how the ocean affects the aging of the wine.

Mira Winery of St. Helena, Calif., placed the bottles of wine in yellow steel mesh cages and then submerged them offshore in an undisclosed location. In three months, the wine will be removed and subjected to chemical tests and tasting by experts to see what differences it has from wine aged on land. The winery could produce and sell underwater-aged wine in the future if the trial goes well.

Drouhin. Don’t like to drink the same thing every day no matter how delish. In one week you could have Bojo, Chablis, a nice village Beaune (white and red), Musigny and Montrachet.

Giacosa. Bea would be a close second.

Ridge or Navarro

The thing which, in my humble opinion, keeps this from being a more interesting thread is the absence of any notion of cost, or of wines that the respondent regularly buys.

If cost or actual current buying/drinking is no object and you can have an unlimited amount of any one producer’s wine, is anyone really going to choose Navarro or Scherrer over DRC, Dujac, Haut Brion, Jadot, etc.?

By the way, it would be pretty cool to have floated off all your “help, rescue me” notes in DRC bottles.

This was my choice in previous iterations of this thread, but I now think I’m willing to forego diversity for Rayas.

There’s a movie idea here, no doubt.

Ha! Rudy would follow the trail and rescue you.

It’d have to be something that goes really well with coconuts and fish.