π™Žπ™π™€π™π™€π™Šπ™‹π™ƒπ™Šπ™‰π™„π˜Ύ 𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙀 (っ◔◑◔)っ 6pks Under $100! ~ ~ Diamond Mt Cab! - Old Vine Paso Cab! - Rhones! - AND A 𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙀 π™π™π™Šπ™ˆ 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝙏𝙐𝙍𝙀 30+% OFF EVERYTHING! - THRU 1/31

Thanks James! Seeing a lot of 11 bottle orders this morning! Who doesn’t love a bonus bottle? :smiley:

1 Like

Jason, I’m excited to see you back here with your delicious wines and fantastic energy. Especially in light of the health challenges that you’ve described here. We wish you a full recovery.

You are in the top 10 most influential people on my road to becoming a winemaker! I miss our days at the tasting bar together. My tasting buddies continue thank you for all the selections you introduce me to and convinced me to put in my cellar. We toast to you every time we pop a Gonon, Clos Rougeard, Chave Hermitage, or Levet Cote Rotie.

Apt:

Rob, the fact that I somehow inspired you this way is a reward I never imagined possible from being a wine geek! Add to the fact that you’re making beautiful wines and inspiring others is just the cherry on top. I’ve got a long way to go before I can eat and drink like I used to, but I look forward to one day getting there and toasting you back. Congratulations to you and Recha on your fantastic wines and I am always happy to see folks reacting in such a positive way to their Berserker Day introductions to Sandar & Hem!

1 Like

Auction preview is open! We have four lots available and we weren’t shy!

2 Likes

In for the β€œThe Best of Stereophonic” to find out what this is all about!

2 Likes

Thanks Rick!

FlawedEuphoricClumber-size_restricted

In for the 2-pack!

1 Like

six pack sampler for me. sounds interesting

Thanks for the love! That’s a happy 2pack!

2pac

1 Like

Order in for the Fall Offering! They sound amazing :heart_eyes:

Thank you! It really shows you all sides of what we do.

Thank you Sheila! I mean, how can you not want these wines??

2021 Denner Vineyard Carignane

If Iggy Pop was a wine. Snarling and sinuous, this Carignane will deliver a quiverful of arrows to your heart if you’ve ever been dazzled by the dense, minerally and savagely aromatic reds of Terrasses du Larzac in Languedoc or Priorat. Blood orange, pomegranate, hot asphalt and roasted rosemary aromas curl out of the glass and the wine inside delivers with a tense, potent profile uncommon in Paso Robles. Lots of tannin, lots of acidity and lots of sappy, rocky fruit evolve from the glass with air - and this needs aeration! A country wine with a noble intensity. Extremely proud of this wine, which we cofermented with a small amount of Syrah from Caelesta Vineyards and aged in neutral oak barrels.

2021 If Eventually…Why Not Now? Red Wine Blend (Douro & Bordeaux Varieties)

As you may know, changing weather conditions have forced major growing regions to plan for a winegrowing future that might be dramatically different from the decades (or centuries) of tradition that currently define places like Bordeaux or Napa Valley. Following the January ’21 announcement that the INAO had authorized Touriga Nacional for planting in Bordeaux, I began to hunt for California plantings that I could experiment with. If Eventually…Why Not Now? Why sit on our hands waiting for the future to confront us when we can get started today? We eventually located some Touriga (along with Souzao and Tinta Cao) at Adelaida and combined that with some Bailey Cabernet we’d tapped for this project. The resulting wine is formidable and will take its time in the cellar. The nose is spectacular with intense black fruits, licorice, blueberry, and candied violets. The palate is a bold and powerfully structured combination of blackberry, plum and cherry with accents of fennel and pan drippings. The finish is long and solidly tannic. Think mountain wine. If you’ve ever had traditional Portuguese table reds from Douro or Bairrade, you will smile as this chiseled wine does its thing. Pair it now with a fatty cut from Morgan Ranch or Flannery, otherwise, hide it in the cellar for five years as it rounds into more civilized form. Is this the wine of the future, or just a wine geek’s idea of science fiction?

2021 Bailey Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Old Vines

For almost sixty vintages, these old, own-rooted vines reliably produce some of the most beautifully fruited Cabernet in the state. The fruit is deeply red with a purple frame around it - the aromas and taste are packed with graceful black cherry, santa rosa plum and pomegranate notes with complimentary oak tones in the spice and floral registers. The young fruit’s charm and balance are really undeniable, a voluminous cloud of rich red Cabernet cassis. Medium tannins and acidity keep the wine on track through a persistent finish which portends a good decade of improvement. This is more concentrated and fruit-driven than the 2020 which we offered last Berserker Day. Previously, this fruit went to The Farm Winery where it had a track record of 94 point scores at $100 retail.

2021 Diamond Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon

Can a wine double in quality from one vintage to the next? Well, in this case, that’s roughly what I’m suggesting. The difference between the 2019 UNTRUE and the 2021 rendition is the culmination of a lot of small changes but most importantly, pick date (later), barrel choice (less toast) and serendipitously, a fermentation environment where conversions left us with final alcohols a full percent lower than we were expecting. Whether it’s the cacophonous floral bouquet on the nose or the preposterously long finish (I’m sure RP would have the stopwatch out), Chloe and I sat there and shook our heads in disbelief at our good fortune. This is an intense, long, medium-bodied classic Cabernet with complexity at beginning, middle and end. I entertained the idea of raising the price on this significantly but with only one vintage to my name, who would believe me? So those who go in for this offer will be very well rewarded for their faith. This vintage is more intensely flavored and structured than the 2019, but will take longer to blossom.

I was able to sneak in a last minute order for a 3-pack of grower Champagne yesterday, just before preview sales ended. Whew!

1 Like

tumblr_4ee87c1a1cd58506388b71e50309c8aa_d266b32e_540

GOOD MORNING BERSERKERS! Put on a fresh pot and let's do this!

Say, does anyone like RAFFLES? Those who buy and comment are going to be very happy about what we’re announcing at 8:30am.

Stay tuned!

in for the 6 pack sampler. first time trying these wines. pumped!

Went in on a Best of 6-pack yesterday. Super excited to trying these wines.

We got some CC video footage of you placing that order last night

tumblr_nt2idl0cnV1s58s05o1_500-413137980

Jumped in on the Champagne pack yesterday, didn’t want to pass that one up!