2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

We tasted the 19s a few weeks ago and my wife, who enjoys more rich, fruit forward napa wine, ranked Anjea third. That part of his review seems to be describing a different wine

1 Like

Iā€™ve been on the waiting list a little over a year but i received an email about the upcoming release was a little misleading and I thought I had secured an allocation. I sent a note sharing a bit of my frustration (highs and subsequent lows) and received a really nice message back apologizing. Fast forward this year, I received a note separate from the save the date blast saying they bumped me up to receive an allocation which I promptly jumped on today. Felt really good and appreciated the xtra effort made. Looking forward to these wines in a few years.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree that professional testing notes including AGā€™s often donā€™t tell you much of anything about how the wine tastes - I often wish there was more stylistic commentary or comparisons to other wines or past vintages, especially for newer producers.

But the point about his ā€œthere is almost no perception of tanninā€ comment - I donā€™t get your point. I find that among a very small subset of super high quality wines, they can be very tannic on paper but in practice the tannins are almost unnoticeable when drinking the wine. Recent vintages of Monfortino ie 2014 or 2010 fall in this camp. I have no idea if the Kinsman 2019s do, but I wouldnā€™t write it off as impossible just because theyā€™re structured wines.

1 Like

I havenā€™t tasted the '19 either, but looking at CT notes suggests that Nigel has certainly not done a 180 stylistically on the wines.

I normally appreciate Galloniā€™s notes more than any other critic, but agree that those notes donā€™t offer a ton of value to anyone looking to objectively evaluate the wine. Maybe heā€™s just tired of handing out positive praise and high scores to Nigel and team. :rofl:

2 Likes

Totally get the frustration from people who got the ā€˜save the dateā€™ but didnt get any wine. But i agree with Alex that the point is that there may be some wine left over so you want to try and be ready to login and order/wishlist ASAP when it opens up.

All that said, ive actually been super impressed with Shaeā€™s communication as a whole. Iā€™d actually say that she over-communicates (got an email this AM re-confirming my standing order was already good to go), which i very much appreciate.

Sending positive wine thoughts that peeps here can grab a bottle or two!

4 Likes

Yes, I, too, have had really positive communication with Shea around a similar issue. I am now looking forward to trying one of these ā€œpleasure bombs,ā€ sometime in the next 1-15 years.

3 Likes

They sent me a notifcation today. I can wish for some Anjea. Not time sensitive. Just went on the website and wished for a 3-pack.

3 Likes

I agree. Shae has been excellent. If you donā€™t get any and live in South Florida PM me. I am will to part with one of each.

2 Likes

The bottles have been spoken for. :cheers:

1 Like

Same, wished for a 3 pack. Was told we will find out if wishes were granted by Monday the latest.

1 Like

Wished for 3 Anjea as well - fingers crossed!

1 Like

Also got the wish for Anjea email! Fingers crossed is right!

1 Like

I too was granted a wish list of one 3-pack of Anjea, nice!

2 Likes

Official sell out email. For folks waiting on the list, it looks like itā€™s going to be a longer wait given the lack of the 2020 vintage:

AUGUST 2022 RELEASE

• SOLD OUT -

It is with much gratitude we share that our last offering of 2022 is now sold out. The 2019s showcase the exuberance that is Napa Valley - they are full of vitality, personality and promise for the future. We think you are going to love them.

Next year is a little unusual for us. Our decision not to produce any cabernet sauvignon in 2020 due to the impact of wildfires means our regular schedule of offerings will not take place. Instead, weā€™ve a few gems in the making that have been a hoot to work on and have kept us focused on the future. We cannot wait to share them, but please know these are rare creatures indeed ā€“ the tiny quantities we have will be gone in a blink.

For those still waiting to secure wine from us, we ask for your patience, yet again. Though we do not foresee any mailing list positions opening in the next 18 months, we will begin previewing the 2021s at tastings once they are ready for the stage. Please reach out if you are planning a trip to the Napa Valley in 2023 and we will do our best to connect.

Finally, a from-the-bottom-of-our-hearts THANK YOU. Your support this release will carry our family business though a challenging year ahead, allowing us to continue making the wines we love from the vineyards we cherish.

Shae & Nigel

1 Like

I had meeting and could not get on for few hours to order. I got some Anjea, but missed out on the Rhadamanthus. Wished for it, so encouraged that some people are getting wish list grants! Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Questions of curiosity for folks who said any of the following:

• ā€œgot the wish for Anjea emailā€
  • ā€œI too was granted a wish list of one 3-pack of Anjeaā€
  • ā€œThey sent me a notification today. I can wish for some Anjea.ā€

ā€¦ I have two questions:

1. Had you previously just been on the waiting list with no prior purchases?
  2. How long had you been waiting since signing up?

Thanks!

1 Like

This was my first purchase
I signed up for the list in Sept. 2017

1 Like

I signed up about 18 months ago. I got no messages last year, so I have moved up, but this is really the ultimate tease. First it was ā€œsave the dateā€ and the wait for a text on Tuesday that never came, then a text the next day which suggested that I would have an allocation but it was only a chance to wish, then the notification that they were sold out, then a message that said there was still some wine held back to grant wishes. Now Iā€™m taking a cold shower.

3 Likes

ā€œsave the dateā€ followed by ā€œsold outā€ seemed kind of clumsy and left me wondering ā€œwas I really supposed to set my own alarm?ā€

4 Likes

Blockquote

1- yes, no prior purchases.
2- been on waitlist since Feb ā€˜21

3 Likes