2021 Travel

Rates are out of hand in Hawaii. Glad I booked a while ago.

We naturally missed all of our 2020 trips. So far for 2021 we have missed our annual anniversary trip to New Orleans and our London to Reykjavik cruise was cancelled. We are hoping to still do our trip from Tokyo to Singapore in November and get to New York next January. As far as 2022, we are booked from Stockholm to London (including St. Petersburg), a trip to Israe,l and an Eastern European trip from Bucharest to Budapest. Tons of deposits, hotels, and airfares are literally up in the air as we hope for the best. We love to travel, are retired, and unfortunately are not getting any younger.

Cheers!
Marshall

Thinking one week traveling throughout Maine in mid August.

Scheduled to go to Portugal the end of August. When should I look to buy airline tickets?

FYI, I bought our ticket to Croatia on delta and promptly set a price alert on google flights for that specific route. I have twice now called and had them rebook under lower prices (e-credits going to my delta account for future use). At least on this route, the fluctuations are crazy - as low as $1150 and as high as $3600 for same exact route/airline in the past three weeks. As long as the airlines are letting you re-book without penalty, it’s a great way to worry less about the price you get in on, just requires watching and acting quickly when it goes down.

We are supposed to go to Bali in August. Things are actually looking pretty good for the trip actually happening. We don’t want to go with some prolonged stay at home orders during or after. Both are vaccinated. Fingers crossed. They are opening up now. By August, it should be pretty good. We will see. This trip has already been scheduled twice before.

Marshall- New Orleans moved the French qtr fest to the last weekend in Sept. Our trip a few weeks ago was great. It will be even better than for music and all the restaurants should be doing well. If you have the time you may want to consider going.

Cheers

Thanks Fred: There is an outside chance we just might make it there is September for our birthdays but it will probably be in the middle of the month. It is more likely that we get there next (2022) March.

Cheers!
Marshall

Marshall, do you have a favorite restaurant in New Orleans to celebrate your anniversary?

Barry: Over the years; August, Commander’s Palace, Brigtsen’s, GW Fins, Galatoire’s and a couple of others. We tend to avoid Besh spots now but they used to be among our favorites. Also love Gabrielle’s, and Herbsaint.

Others we have enjoyed have unfortunately closed and we are still looking for new spots to try.

Cheers!
Marshall

So, I thought you didn’t like my places!

I love August and Brightsen’s.
I love Galatoire’s but the food wasn’t always uniformly amazing, but good enough and there is nothing like it.
Herbaint may be the best food consistently.

I thought August was a Besh place but I see no longer. If the food is as good and the corkage policy the same, that may be the winner (the most corkage friendly restaurant I can remember in NOLA).

Commander’s Palace is the one thing I haven’t tried, but for the four nights, August, Brigtsen’s, Harbsaint and Galatoire’s seems quite perfect.

The only concern is that if I do a jazz brunch, I might not be able to answer the (dinner) bell. Is Commander’s the definitive jazz bruch?

Barry- Alon Shaya’s new place at the Four Seasons is opening mid august. You might want to check it out or at least swing by to the bar. I expect this will be terrific once he gets up and running. I would give some thought to adding Gabrielle to your list. Our last 2 visits have been outstanding.

1 Like

Barry: I miss you! cheesehead champagne.gif flirtysmile

Truthfully, we have never done a jazz brunch…usually just oysters at Bourbon House (only at the bar with Perry…best shucker ever!), Drago’s (Metarie) or Grand Isle.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]