2019 Burgundy -- What are you buying?

Wouldnt “within five years of today” be $547.43?

Correct, but William did not specify a %, just a number increase at year five. My bet would be $316.00 in two years…

Just a warning: the 2015 is currently $500 in the US. (Incidentally, what metric will you use for the price?)

Yeah… barring a general downtown in the fine wine market–which is always a possibility–I suspect William will win the bet in 2-3 years if not sooner.

No, the 2015 is currently offered at $500. Doesn’t mean someone pays it. 2015 ducs traded under $300 at auction a few times late last year.

Merci…William.

The link clearly shows it is indeed a comb. Sadly his Pommard is not available here. In fact his 3 Volnay 1er only started to be here since vintage 2015. Before it was just the Santenots of 2010 and 2011.

Thanks for the information. I owned enough of his 2017. I will skip his 2018 and buy just 3 for match-tastings. Definitely will wait the 2019 - which should be here at the beginning of 2022. [thankyou.gif]

1 Like

It is a necessary condition that all such bets must be consummated with an excellent dinner. I will bring a 2002 Lafarge Clos de Chenes to that dinner. Let me when and where. My calendar for 2026 is wide open.

No.

Exactly. This is such an important point. Nothing worse than seeing someone overpay because they falsely believe a single offer of an overpriced listing represents the market.

Naturally. You might have to come to Beaune, though… champagne.gif

With the Chinese factor in Hong Kong, I believe Lafarge and dAngerville will be the next Dujac in 3 years ( if not 5 ) - despite the fact that Volnay is not the real Musigny !!

In Quebec, Canada Prieur Musigny 2008 was released at CA $360; 2015 at CA $839 and now 2017 at CA $1349.50.

1 Like

Not just HK, mainland, too!

1 Like

That’s awful. I paid $470 for 2017 Prieur Moose.

Yah at end of year 5.
Sorry I was just calculating it where it hit their betting threshold of 450. But yes. After 5 complete years it would be 547. Hahaha

And Jean Marc & Thomas Bouley remain readily available at decent prices…

And so delicious.

The real question mark isn’t how much Lafarge will be worth but how much $500 will be worth

1 Like

As long as air travel is safe again I don’t see that as a problem. [cheers.gif]

In terms of Lafarge wine, seems like $500 will be worth 1 bottle cheesehead

1 Like

Easy, $500.

1 Like