2018 Carter Release

I believe the release is coming soon… anyone has specifics? potentially next week, correct?

Release will be the week of June 22 I believe. You can just login and buy that day. It Is not allocated. It’s first come first serve until it’s gone.

Still seems like the wooden 6 pack is a buy. Will put it away and drink them for special occasions.

Never had Carter, but judging by the comments I assume they are very good. How do they compare to some other Napa cabs?

If you like the big bold Napa style, I’d say they are as good as anything coming out of Napa. If you want bdx style, probably not as good.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

If you like other Mike Smith made wines, you’ll probably like them. I think they are high quality new world styled wines. I think you’ll have a good chance of liking them if you also enjoy things like Myriad, Realm, Rivers Marie, Maybach, etc.

You can see the reviews for a few of the 99 pointers if you scroll through the other photos (or maybe it’s on the story)

I think Carter just posted on its Instagram. The release starts June 16th.

Whelp I botched that. When I talked to dan a week or two ago he mentioned that week. 16th it is!

I haven’t purchased from Carter yet. Does anyone know if there’s a minimum purchase requirement?

Not that I know of! Grab as many/as few bottles as you like!

How many I’d like and how many I can afford are two very different things haha

Thanks!

Does anyone know how Carter’s tend age? 2018 is my wedding year and my wife and I love Mike Smith, Thomas Rivers Brown, Realm, etc. wines, but I don’t have any idea about their ability to age well.

Depends on what you mean by ‘age’. 10 years, sure.

Just bought two To Kalon 3-Packs. Now I don’t have to worry about missing out on the O.G. next week. I remember a few years back if you didn’t buy the 6 pack of 2015s you missed out on the La Verdad as it was sold out by the time general release opened. Of course that was a low production vintage. I also remember the 2016 O.G.s and Verdads selling out very quickly while the others were around for several weeks.

Does anyone have any idea about the case production from the various Carter offerings? The OG and La Verdad seem to sell out much faster than the others. I’m curious if that just due to popularity or if they make a lot less of it.

Also, any views on the Carter Weitz vineyard? It seems to get far less attention than the BTK and Las Piedras offerings but it’s from the same vineyard as Maybach Materium so interested what others think of it and if it stands up to the others.

I think Verdad is a lower production than most of the others. OG I think just sells fast.

I love with Weitz. I ended up with a case of the 2016s. It actually drinks pretty similarly to the Materium to me at a cheaper price. I’ve done a side-by-side of them and they were similar enough.

That’s helpful. Thanks!

Has anyone besides Jeb released reviews of the upcoming Carter wines?