2016 Saxum offering

priorities neener

Hey Justin, thanks for clearing it up! Always love my Saxum, hope I got my wishlist mags!

How’s your dad and family doing?

Freaking cool that Justin connects on this forum. I’ll be on the downstream like a bird on a worm!

Go big blue! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Went in for my full (greatly shrunken, for some reason) allocation. No option to wish list for mags or Rocket Block. Been taking my full allocations since 2014, but haven’t moved up a tier yet. Sad day. Love this stuff!

OK. You’re on. I checked the cellar. I will put up a 2009 Saxum Bone Rock MAGNUM. December 1, 2018. Put it up on Offline Planner if you want. We have a few months to pick a restaurant. Where will you be staying? I’m 10 years older than when I had to throw Salil over my shoulder and carry him to the train station, so maybe we should stay close to your hotel to make sure the Chicago kid gets home safe. What is your preferred cuisine?

Well firstly, throwing me over your shoulder would result in likely crushing to death, so dont try that !!!

I know your in NY but which part, im a little familiar but not an expert, it also depends on the ticket situation for the Bears Giants game, i hate crappy seats so lets see how expensive they are before final confirmation. Where are you in relationship to Giants stadium, that will dictate my hotel. Food im not overly fussy, but if im making a weekend of it then i would like to go somewhere at least interesting doesnt mean fancy and expensive though.

Ive slept on the streets on many cities worldwide !! sure i can handle an Uber in NY

No email for me. I am sad. It seems that I have been on the waiting list forever.

With a couple posts regarding folks still waiting, I checked my purchases. I bought my first allocation in 2013. I think I waited 2 years for that, give or take.

I signed up in 2012 and made the list in early 2016. It looks like they are now falling on the later end of the 4-6 years wait.

Yep, I have also been waiting 4.5 years. When I signed up in early 2014, the wait was estimated at 4-6 years. Saxum is nice enough to send a yearly update for those still on the wait list. Last year it said a full 6 years is expected. Will make it one of these days…

This is interesting. I signed up March 2012 and I’m still waiting. I inquired via email and received a response noting that it would be “soon.”

I’ve been buying since the '05’s ! [cheers.gif] [wow.gif]

took mine

2004! It appears that I actually have 4 left of the 2004 Saxum James Berry '04s. I think that I was on the waiting list for 1 month and then got an offer right away for the first release after I signed up, but the real waiting list started soon thereafter.

04 was my first year too and I recall the Bone Rock being very “spritzy” that vintage, with some kind of weird flaw that I never experienced before or after with any other wine. I buy my entire allocation year in and year out and find myself reaching for these wines way more often than any other syrah/rhone blends. I love opening them when I have friends over and seeing non-wine geeks’ reactions!

1. We did one vertical back to that (plus a 99 Linne Colado). I have one vertical of Bone Rock left to go back that far if we could get enough people to come to Cleveland. I have a couple 04’s left but haven’t opened one in a while. I wonder if the spritz blew off or got worse.

Hey Jay, we are going to give priority to Saxum customers, so I’d say you have a pretty good chance of getting the Downstream offer. Yes, Cambie is quite the character, and about the nicest guy you’ll ever meet.

Everyone is doing great, knock on wood!

Hi Billy, can you send us an email at sierra@saxumvineyards.com? You should of been moved up if you’ve been taking full allocations and wanted more… squeaky wheels and all…