2016 Saxum offering

Yes, this was interesting so I checked, A.A. signed up in Nov. 2011, the last batch that we brought on to the active list. Do to the small yields of 2015 we haven’t brought anybody new on for awhile, sooooooo… if you signed up in 2012, you’ll be up next!!! And we definitely will be bringing new people on when we release 2017s next year (decent crop finally!!!) Thanks for your continued patience.

Yes, the dreaded 2004 funk!! Thank you Sherri and Jay for sticking with me all these years… And for not dropping me after experiencing one of those funky 4s!!!

[/quote]2000. We did one vertical back to that (plus a 99 Linne Colado). I have one vertical of Bone Rock left to go back that far if we could get enough people to come to Cleveland. I have a couple 04’s left but haven’t opened one in a while. I wonder if the spritz blew off or got worse.[/quote]

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! Actually Loren, the 04s are totally good now (except for the occasional Bret Bomb Broken Stones).

Justin–we drank '10 Paderewski last night; it was singing.
Our daughter and the boyfriend (we call him son-in-law) were completely wowed!

Great to hear! I’m really liking the 2010 Rew right now too.

I can’t go back to 2000, but I can go back to the 2001 vintage with a Bone Rock purchase. It was my first six-bottle purchase of any wine, and I drank my last Bone Rock last year…and everyone, from Burgheads to SQNers, were shocked at how good it was. That is one of those bottles that got me hooked. I am almost all the way through my 2004s, with only a James Berry mag left. I may open that up in October when I have some friends in town. Spritz be damned.

Eric, Sherri,

I don’t remember any spritzy 2004’s except Broken Stones and definitely not Bone Rock as that was my first vintage.

My first experience with a Saxum was a very spritzy 2004 (I couldn’t tell you which one). Unfortunately, it was terrible (sorry Justin). The unfortunate consequence for me was that I did not sign up for the mailing list until years later.

I went back and looked at my notes, and all of my Bone Rocks were spritzy. But, time seems to have helped, as age and decanting have helped each successive bottle.

I must have had the only good bottle of 2004 Bone Rock. Here is my note, from back in the days when I thought that any rating over 95 was a mistake:

• 2004 Saxum Bone Rock James Berry Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (11/24/2007)
    WOW. Drunk over 3 days. First half on Thanksgiving. Dark cherry, blueberry, great mouth feel, dark color, long finish. Too much wine opened that day, so recorked, brought home, and thrown in the refrigerator. Took out on Saturday for dinner. Intense cherry, raspberry and blueberry fruit. Vanilla, just a hint of oak, pepper and allspice. Color is still very dark and finish is very long. This is even more expressive with more complex flavors on the third day. The feel in the mouth is almost creamy and tghe fruit is so strong it almost tastes sweet. The alcohol is perfectly balanced and not noticeable at all. If the improvement after two days in the refrigerator (and it was no slouch on day 1 either) is any indication of aging potential, then this wine will be incredible in a few more years. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2013 JBV last night, with an hour in the decanter, is a candidate for WOTY. Amazing balance and depth of flavor. a WOW wine for sure.

Thanks Justin!

Has anyone gotten their wishlist filled for a Rocket Block magnum yet?

Pretty sure everything is sold out

Got my wishlist but didn’t ask for mags

Signed up in 2013 and just got my annual rejection email so definitely now beyond 5 year waiting list

Same. ‘13 and still waiting.

Signed up for the list! I’ll check back in 6 years.

July 2012 and just got rejected again [cry.gif] maybe next year!

Just got my “sorry” e-mail too. Signed up January 2012. Looks like a 7+ year wait now… [cry.gif] Cheers!