2015 Shafer HSS offer

Im sorry, as much as I like all of the wines you mentioned. None of them compare to Shafer Hillside Select. I bought my full allotment. Are there little niche wines here or there that I’m buying more of? Sure. But what wines are you prepared to say taste better than Shafer? Serious question.
All wines are going up in price. To me, SHS is worth every penny extra than the wines you mentioned. Additionally, all the wines you mentioned can be found cheaper at retail as well.
And as an NJ resident, SHS is NOT readily available retail without the additional shipping.
So I just disagree on the value.
I look at value with each new vintage and culled my list like anyone else but Shafer makes the cut every year.

I have no opinion on Shafer (never had it), but Ridge Monte Bello is available substantially cheaper than retail through their futures program (40% discount?)

wineaccess is selling it for 299, free shipping. first timer also gets some additional discount.

Bailed off the list after many years quite a while ago. Past what I was willing to pay for that wine.

Love the wine, appreciate how kind and decent the organization is from the top on down, a terrific tasting experience when you visit, but I’ve got quite a bit and I can reload bottles from online stores often at a better price.

2010 was the last vintage I bought. I can buy an awful lot of great wine for less money. Too rich for me. Speaking of great wine, the 2016 Quilceda Creek Palengat is out at $145. A left bank Bordeaux style wine heavy on the Cabernet Sauvignon in 2016.