2013 Myriad Crane & Elysian

For me: Myriad is the winery that best straddles the line between what I consider to be modern style cabs and more “old school” cabs.

There is great fruit, and the wines are nicely balanced from the get go, but have lots in built in backbone/structure to seem like they will have a long life ahead of them.

I think Myriad compares more than favorably (i.e. is better than) many current high priced faves - Hobbs, Schafer, etc…

I’d call it the equal of Kapscandy, but different, I just meant my appreciation for the craftsmanship, not equating flavor profiles. Kapscandy is an example of another great modern wine that is better than most of the rest.

Myriad wines crush the famous restaurant cabs - Jordan, Silver Oak (no offense, S.O. is fine,) and Caymus. Doing a side by side with Myriad vs. Caymus or Silver Oak Alexander Valley is a sad sad thing.

This current release is hitting a price point where I do admit to wincing, however!

I think the quality of Mike Smith’s palate is evidenced in his product. Also, he is an enjoyable person to visit to taste - which I admit also raises a wine’s enjoyment in my book.

Yeah, this is really the only “big” (as in $s) Cab purchase I make anymore…now $90 extra to purchase 3 of each.

Are you sure?

Re: Myriad Cab style, nicely put Anton. I’d also add in Mike’s SVD Cabs always express location…it’s eye-opening to try a GIII next to a Three Twins next to a Spring Mountain etc.

I thought I was.

So the rest of the cabs will be grouped together later this year? Anyone know what the min purchase will be for that? Similar price increase? Just trying to figure out a purchasing strategy- thankyou

I am contemplating the offer haha

Any major difference between the Elysian and the regular Crane?

I was going to say about $35, but that’s probably not the answer you’re looking for!!!

Was bummed to see the price bump when I got the email, but my wife already knows that I’m a lifer when it comes to a lot of the wines that Mike makes. That being said, I have a feeling, I will have to cut back a little on my allocation this year. :frowning:

Coming soon to a Computer near you!

Really interested in what will be allocated.

This will be expensive

Offered 3 and 3.

2 and 2 for me. Left you guys the mags. Upper limit of I’ll pay for wine.

Went all in for my 6 bottles. Wish all wineries could keep shipping costs at $3/bottle like Mike. I could list off too many that would charge triple that for the same amount of wine.

Anyone have a Mag of the Dr. Crane in their allocation they aren’t taking? I don’t get my shot until next week.

Agree on shipping. My guess though is that price on shipping is below cost and is subsidized somewhate by the bottle price. Seems like a good play at the sticker shock for shipping was non-existent and I clicked through without a second thought.

If I am a previous buyer of Dr. Crane, but not Elysian, am I part of the first wave?

Chris,

Did you log on? No email to me as of yet, I just was checking and my offer was up.

I logged on after seeing people here post that it was open early, but no offer yet. A little anxious I guess, but I hope I can grab a few.

I’m a previous buyer of both and not open for me yet…