10th Annual DiFara's Pizza and Wine offline - February 21, 2023 Fat Tuesday

‘06 Faiveley Hospices d Nuits “Les Didiers”
‘04 BdM il Poggione
‘16 Immich Batterieberg Jour Prix Riesling Sekt

All hail Dan Hammer. Thanks for organizing such a good time.

2 Likes

Fantastic evening!

Nice to meet people I haven’t met before and see others again!

I’ll get notes together later, but some highlights for me were the burgs, couche, tokaji, Keller, bea and 06 maybach.

There were at least 40 bottles open so not going to get close to that many notes.

1 Like

Certainly no shortage of wine or pizza

2 Likes

Did anyone leave a silver Rabbit opener behind?
I grabbed it as I was last out

1 Like

That would be me. You can return it on Fat Tuesday 2024. :grinning:

Dan

Don’t know if you saw any of the photos yet, but the pizza has returned to the (good) old form. Heck it was even better than before. Mike P and I were discussing the crust. It was exceptional. When I asked Margaret why, she told me that their new oven at this new pretty location is electric. NYC and state (?) now requires all electric on new homes and business’. Builders and restaurants aren’t happy about the change.

Truth be told, we told Margaret that the crust was exceptional, and only enhanced the entire pie. Heck, even my wife commented when I brought home some leftovers. She really liked the pizza. The crust was focaccia-like.

More tomorrow.

1 Like

Will do

Thanks for setting up a great get together

Thanks Dan for organizing. Good to see wbers i hadnt seen in many years again and new faces. Dan, i would say the fresh out of the oven pizzas were very good. Delivered by Dan personal were the best!!

Thanks all for sharing wine that resonanted with you. So many great people and shared treasures.

1 Like

This was wonderful; a real embarrassment of riches. Great wine food and people! What more can you ask for!

For me, some highlights amongst a LOT of great wine were the 99 Domaine Mordoree CDP, 02 Dal Forno Romano Valpolicella and 02 Vincent Couche ‘Sensation’ Millesime, but there was so so so much more…

Thanks Dan for organizing, thanks everyone for bringing such gems.

1 Like

For reference : that Tokaji was a 2005 Disznoko Tokaji Aszu Eszencia.

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing Dan! I thought the Pizza was very good. And it was wonderful to try so many wines that I normally don’t drink. The Miani was a particular highlight for me.

1 Like

Thanks Dan for organizing, what a night! So many lovely wines (hello Gaja) but the coolest thing to me was the diversity of palates represented.

2 Likes

Definitely true; seemed like many of the events I’ve been to here have been all burg.

2 Likes

Awesome event! Pizza, wine, good company.

Highlights for me were 17 Bruno Clair Clos de Beze, 19 Keller, 06 Kongsgaard Syrah, 02 Couche Sensation

2 Likes

Thanks Dan! What a great turnout. I think this was the best group of wines I’ve seen at this event. My top 3 were the Sensation, CdP La Morderee and the Miani though every bottle showed well given various ages of development.

Great to see/meet all of you.

M

1 Like

That’s really saying something…

@Dan_Hammer be sure to ping me well ahead of the next one, just in case I can make it (I think you do DiFara’s get-togethers not JUST on Fat Tuesday)

2 Likes

Really fun event.

I really enjoyed pouring the Couche as no one had every had it, including me, was pretty eye opening.

1 Like

any pics?

1 Like

Tuesday February 13, 2024. Next years Fat Tuesday.