001 Vintners Innaugural Release - Graeme MacDonald Winemaker

It’s already live

Order in. #28

Picked up a 3-pack. Was tempted to take 2 but will leave for someone else.
I have not tried the wine so going off pedigree of team and site, and Roy Pipers recommendation.

2 Likes

Oddly they don’t ship to Washington. I’ve never previously ran into this issue.

Guess I’m out.

I just tried, thats strange. You are right, it allows me to enter a WA address and saves it but then switches to Transfer Options. I used an offsite address in another state so didnt notice this when I did my order.

Order in!

I picked up some. I have been cutting back on purchases, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Thanks,
-Jim-

We are unable to ship to Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.

If you are located in one of these states, we recommend selecting a Collector’s Storage solution at checkout such as 55 Degrees or Domain Wine Storage. Please contact us at info@001vintners.com or 707-777-7001 with any questions.

Exactly. My offsite is also here in WA. I’m a bit bummed to pass on this but more powder to keep dry for Kinsman Eades.

2 Likes

Ouch…was hoping for a better price point. I’m out, regrettably, at the $225 per bottle mark (before taxes and shipping too), and a 3-pack minimum. I guess that’s moot given the inability to ship to Washington. Darn.

I heard about the Washington issue. There are a couple of other states in the same boat for 001…

Because 001’s owners have the oldest wine license in the Boston area, they need to dot every “i” and cross every “t.” It is a long and laborious process to get state shipping licenses, especially if one already has a wine retail license in another state.

WA and a handful of other states have not been completed yet and may never be completed. So when you enter one of those states in the purchase process, it will redirect you to “transfer” options.

In there you have three wine country choices. 55 Degrees, True Vine, and Oenovaults. I store at Oenovaults. The wine will be transferred to THEM and then once they have the wine, you call them and they will ship and charge for it separately.

I review 001 in detail in my new Gazette, but I will just throw this out there… if a Graeme-made Cab from the former blocks of Thorevilos, made in a slightly-Forman-esque style, is your thing… I would not let this roundabout shipping option get in the way.

5 Likes

In for 1 3-pack. With very rare exception, $225 is right at the very high end of what I’ll pay for a new release Napa Cab/blend that I’m very excited about. I passed on Materium this year at $265 (which I’m not sure if I regret), so these will take its place in my budget.

In for a three pack - order #208 - glad I got in when I did!

Thanks for the recommendation @Roy_Piper!!

1 Like

BTW, you cannot search Cellartracker for 001 (I mean, you can, but this doesn’t come up), but if you search “ecotone” you will see it in the list.

2 Likes

In for a 3-pack. With the combo of this vineyard, this winemaker, and @Roy_Piper recommendation the price, while steep, didn’t scare me away.

Didn’t realize there is already surprising amount of very good reviews on CT. Vinous didnt love it, but I think it sounds very promising.

Thanks. I just assumed no one had created the entry yet. Glad to know how to find it.

1 Like

went back and wish listed a mag…

Washington shipping is now available. Order in!

2 Likes

Order in - #333. I like the numbers. 3-pack + mag WL. Debated a second 3-pack.