What Cigar or Pipe Are You Smoking?

Planning on a big USDA Prime steak tonight with whatever big Cali Cab they have, this will be followed up with a nice Siglo 6 and more Cali Cab !!

Dont call me in the morning

Smoking the new Montecristo Espada( Nicaraguan),
Medium body with spicy leather notes and a clean finish. nice burn and even draw.

Anyone else like a mid morning smoke ? I will do them sometimes on the weekend or golf course.

Plenty of solid shops in Tampa with good pricing.

Padron 6000 torpedo & Cohiba Pyramide Extra

Opus X Double Chateau yesterday. It was solid but preferred the Oliva V Melanio early in the week by a wide margin. Much more flavor. Perhaps the Opus needed more time in the humidor.

Just had an Alec Bradley Prensado (robusto I think, might have been the double T.) Best cigar I’ve ever had. Any comparisons for me?

Cigar smokers, I’m sharing a berserker day auction item with this group so I’d appreciate we keep it on the down low. As you’ll see, this is a very unique and sentimental item which someone here can appreciate so consider this a heads up and be ready on the 27th if you’re interested.

Item:

• Herb Lamb’s personal humidor: 100 cigar capacity; two humidifiers and externally mounted hygrometer.
  • 20 assorted cigars include five Punch Robusto
  • 2009 HL Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 750ml and
  • 2012 Two Dog Sauvignon Blanc 750ml

Donors: Randy & Carrie Bowman at Napa Wine & Cigar
Value:

• Retail value of wine & cigars: $329.00
  • Retail value of Humidor new est: $150.00+ Sentimental value, priceless.

Minbid:

Herb Lamb, the much revered Napa native passed away in December. He loved manhattan’s, dogs, and cigars. His wife Jennifer asked Randy/Carrie if they could find a nice home for Herb’s personal humidor so they are graciously donating it to the Berserker Day auction. Additionally, Randy is adding 20 cigars including five of Herb’s favorite Punch Robusto along with two bottles from Herb’s winery.

BTW - I’ll get a picture up ASAP. I had one Carrie sent me but I mistakenly deleted it.

Anyone have any experience with the Vegueros brand? Seems new to me.

They are a relatively new Cuban brand, established in the 90’s.they are made in Vuelta Abajo which claims to have the best tobacco in the world

Ive only smoked a couple and they are on the milder side with a more grassy style than the traditional earthy cocoa flavours. If you like a milder cigar I would suggest trying them but if your like me and prefer more of Punch double Corona. Bolivar med-full then I would pass

I did a little more research, the packaging tells me it’s all about marketing and image, doubtful I’ll seek any out actively.

It was the number 1 cigar in 2011 in the grand toro size. Beautifully made and tasty maduro. It’s more a matter of your preferences. In maduro, a good daily smoke maduro is the Arturo Fuente Chateau maduro. Nice aromatics and plenty of flavor. To kick it up a notch, Padron 2000 or 3000 maduro. For the same level as the Prensado though, Padron 1964 maduro and pick your size.

If you like or care to try a top dog Sun Grown cigar, go for the Flor de Las Antillas made by My Father Cigars. Lots of spicy nuances ranging from white pepper to nutmeg.

Nolan, you might try some of the lesser known, rarely counterfeited brands that aren’t hyped. The Cuaba is an excellent cigar that is tasty yet seems mild and belies the fact you will lose 30 minutes of your memory.

Most represented in my humidor are Cuaba, Sancho Panza, Trinidad, Partagas, Montecristo and Hoyo de Monterrey. I try to avoid Cohiba but they make a wonderful Lancero and other long, thin sizes that many manufacturers have abandoned.

When I went to Barcelona last year I bought heavy into ELs that were created exclusively for Spain. Haven’t touched a single one yet but I bet they’ll be dy-no-mite.

I used to get all of those back in the '90s. Those Partagas #4 Serie D (I think) were very tasty but gave me the whirlies.

A Lusitania is probably one of the best single cigars I’ve had but in general the Partagas style does not fit my palate. I have one or two more Lusitanias from the same box and am very apprehensive to smoke it/them.

Truett,

If you bought a “cuban” cigar in downtown Havana and didn’t get the whirlies, you were sold a counterfeit.

I think that most cigars in Cuba sold on the streets are probably Cuban, just not exactly what they’re telling you they are.

And actually, the only cigar that ever gave me a bad case of the “whirlies” was a La Flor Dominicana. I think I’d rather be hung over than experience that again, it was very bad.

Ever since then I’ve tried to prepare myself before I smoke.

Here’s the picture I promised of Herb Lamb’s humidor already stuff with Randy’s selections. Good luck on Berserker Day.
image.jpg

Thanks for sharing. That is very cool.

Guys, I’ll try to get these threads merged, but for now, post what you are smoking, here http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=108049