What Cigar or Pipe Are You Smoking?

I am really enjoying the new Davidoff Nicaragua puros and the new Carrillo Inch maduros. During our sorry excuse for a winter my cigar tastes drift towards maduros and fuller flavor smokes.

No doubt. And I think the last time I was in Napa was 1999. Crazy. Road trip!

J

Good to know. When they were first released I grabbed one of the Tubos and while good I didn’t feel it was worth the $$. I meant to grab some more and let them rest a little.

Jason

Jason, we can ship cigars but sales are by phone/email. We can’t sell cigars on our current website and would have to run up a separate site.

Carlos, I’m a maduro guy usually after falling in love with Punch and Padron. Now I tailor my cigar to what I’m drinking when I get the chance.

Jason, $$$$$ doesn’t always mean it’s great, just like wine. Check you local tobacconist and see if they have the Flor de las Antillas Sun Grown Toro. Number one cigar in 2012 and I have to agree. We go through 3 to 5 boxes a week. We sell them for $8.50 so you should be able to find them for $7.75 to $10.00.

I’m with you. I have a nice stash of Flor de las Antillas (Toros and Robustos). Great cigar and a great price. Most of mine have been bought on special for around $6. I noticed you sold them hence my asking if you ship. I don’t need any cigars for another 8-10 weeks but when I do, I’ll give you call.

Jason

You should get that website up. You don’t want to be caught flat-footed when California legalizes weed.

Jason, I hope we’ll get everyone posting tasting notes other than ‘it was a great cigar.’ Would like to hear you thoughts on the La Colmena No. 44 Corona.

Notes would be great. This was kind of keeping with the, What Are You Drinking, thread where people just post with little effort or thought but certainly it would be great to have more detailed info.

As far as the La Colmena, I will have another one next week and will pay a little more attention. I didn’t know much about it other than my local boutique cigar shop had some and the owner was pretty hot on it. I was taken by the construction. It is a beautiful cigar. I grabbed one on his reco, and then went back for more as will as ordered online. There are a number of reviews of the cigar online, some claiming it will be Cigar of the Year.

Jason

Notes would help in deciding whether to chase the cigar down. Whether it fits my flavor profile.

And yes, in the picture, it looks like a real winner. [cheers.gif]

May I suggest that when posting a note about cigars that the country of origin be included? Speaking for myself this would be very helpfull.

That Regus mentioned is a good cigar, I have been smoking the Gordados and have a box with about 18 months age of them and they are great. I will say though lay off the red and white label later Regus exclusivos, they are just bad.

The Davidoff Puro is fantastic, expescially the new Diadema size, its up for grabs if these are better than the original gold band Puro D’oro though.

The advice about great cigars not being expensive is true, for $10 you can get fantastic cigars, a key is to get vintage cigars. If you say get a box of Padron 6000 that are 5 years old then you pay $8 a stick its like getting a family reserve at $30 brand new

Care to reveal your source?

My local cigar store has a vintage room in which they age cigars

La flor Dominicana - Suave - 42 X 5.5 Insurrecto: Excellent cigar for 45-60 minute smoke. Earthy and a bit creamy. Medium strength.
IMG_7137.jpg

I also got more La Colmena!
IMG_7145.jpg

Smoked a padron 26 year and aurora la cien churchill tonight

Both from 2008 and both fantastic smokes

I’ve meant to respond to this but keep getting, ah old and forgot. We’ve had a number of people come in to offer their services as our supplier should we get our permit to sell marijuana. All I can do is laugh. I spent a total of 10 years in narcotic enforcement and yeah, I ran into some dumb ones, but to have somebody come in here with their book of products, samples, price lists and discount sheets for group purchases of select producers pretty much put me in a total tizzy. [mouth-drop.gif]

So, who’s booking their trip to Cuba now?

We may be there in May.