What Cigar or Pipe Are You Smoking?

PM Charlie Fu, he can do it.

Alec Bradley - Prensado (Robusto) A year in the humi has really helped this. Medium/Full strength. Nice creamy and woody elements. Alec Bradley can be a bit hit and miss but there are a lot of decent bargains, like this 2011 cigar of the year.

Regius Black Label (Corona) Knocked off early yesterday and little this up before cooking dinner. Nice size for a 50 minute smoke. A really nice smoke at a good price. Got a little hot at the end.

Jason
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

I missed a lot of these posts. Anyway, as I said above, I really thought a little time in the humi improved the Prensado.

I’ll second Randy’s comment about Flor de Las Antilles. A terrific smoke that is often offered at a screaming deal.

Jason

Nice.

Have you had the Guillermo Leon from La Aurora?

Jason

Jason

Yes a while back, I remember its a good cigar

At the moment im working on two boxes, one lancero and one Churchill of the original release Aurora La Cien, these are from 2007/8 and the tobacco was 10+ years old when they were made. They are just fantastic cigars. Other boxes im working on are

Padron Magnum Naturals
Illusione Black Prince type A’s from 2008 I think
Padron 6000 torpedo’s
Nestor Miranda lancero’s
Regius Gordado about 18 months age

I have already posted about the La Colmena by Warped but this was the first time smoking the Amado No. 36. A petite lancero which is again a beautiful looking cigar and a delight to smoke. Fairly easy draw. This was very good but I do prefer the corona which shows more complexity and less heat on the last third.
IMG_0093.jpg

I’m really going to try hard to light something up this weekend. I think it’s been over a year and a half since my last cigar…

Anyone in the N Bay area want to meet up?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Not in the Bay area but be sure to let us know what you chose.

J

Had an afternoon meeting a decided it was best to have a cigar while solving the worlds problems. I went with the Tatuaje - Capa Especial Nicaraguan filler and Sumatra wrapper. This Tatuaje is was made at the My Father factory which seems to be the case with a lot of cigars these days. This smoked well and is on the spicy side. a nice nuttiness as well. But in the end this just didn’t grab me. This was a one off buy for me. If I had more, I would give it a year in the humi. Glad I still have some Black Labels left.

Jason

2 this week

Fuente Anejo- this is one of my favorite cigars and I believe it’s same or similar filler they use on Opus X with a Maduro wrapper. It’s only sold during the Holidays so was surprised to see it at one of the best shops in Tampa still. They got a huge supply of them (Tampa Humidor)

Today on my back deck another one of my favorites Olivia V Melanio Maduro Torpedo. Great smoke on a cool but not cold Florida Sunday.

Long ashes

Nice. You may already know this, but the natural Melanio won cigar of the year from Cigar Aficionado.

I’ve been sick this week. Hoping to be all better and ready for a cigar on Superbowl Sunday!

J

Aren’t they called blunts and dry pieces? Or have I been smoking the wrong stuff in the past?

See the special auction here. SPECIAL AUCTION (BerserkerDay) Herb Lamb Cigar Package for Charity - BerserkerDay VI (January 27, 2015) - WineBerserkers

Most of you had the chance to see the fantastic and TOTALLY unique auction item that Napa Valley Wine & Cigar and Herb Lamb’s wife Jennifer arranged, Herb’s very own humidor, plus some of his wine and cigars from NVW&C. The successful bidder, DrewT, wished to have the cigars auctioned separately, and NVW&C then padded the deal a bit more, adding 5 top cigars into the ‘Herb’s Favorite’ pack from the auction.

We contacted Jennifer Lamb and asked what was Herb’s favorite charity, and she replied with the following:

Here is the link to the St. Helena Preschool for All, a wonderful local scholarship program that will allow 3 and 4 year olds to go to local preschools and get a jump on their education. http://www.shpreschoolforall.org/

The auction consists of the following 24 cigars, with all proceeds going to the St. Helena Preschool for All

5 Punch Robusto ( Herb’s favorite)
5 My Father Flor de las Antillas Toros (# 1 cigar 2012)
2 Padron 1964 Anniversario (1 natural 1 Torpedo)
3 Oliva V Melanio
4 Arturo Fuente Work of Art
2 1926 Padron Anniversario
3 Alec Bradley Prensado ( #1 cigar 2013)

The retail value $256.00
(note, that is with CA tobacco tax, other states may be higher or lower)

The auction will open Friday morning, and continue on through Friday evening.

You could mention that the Oliva Melanio is #1 cigar 2014.

J

All y’all might want to check this out!

Special auction that came from the original BerserkerDay Herb Lamb humidor auction

I know less about cigars than I do about wine. [berserker.gif]

I didn’t give Todd that info about the Oliva V Melanio because it’s a different size than the #1 Figuardo, although it’s the same tobacco.

Oh yes. Thanks.

Jason

Last week a dang head cold took me away from so many yummy things in life. Although not 100% cleared up, I think I light something up while watching the game with the boys.

Jason