San Francisco - May 18, 2015 Offline

Let’s assume for now I can make it on the 18th unless something falls through…

It would help if we could settle on a theme in the next 1-2 weeks so that I could pick up a bottle from the offsite.

As for the food, all of that looks good and I don’t have a preference for most of them. For dessert though, despite creme brulee being the default dessert pairing, the other dessert seems more interesting and would probably pair better with sauternes (which, obviously, will be a part of this dinner…). Just throwing that out there. I’m willing to be overruled if other people have strong preferences. It looks like whatever we pick, the total will come out to just over $60/person, so we don’t have to worry about making a cost minimum.

[gen_fro.gif] [drinks.gif] you might set the record for this Tour and see me 3 times, Glenn, if you can get down to Modesto and then to Assemblage—I’m going now, probably get there mid-afternoon :slight_smile:

Everything looks great to me except the bunny, but if that was the group choice, I’m sure I could choke it down.

Rather have salmon than trout, but that’s no biggie, either.

However, if you guys pick both the trout and the bunny, I will be forced to take it very, very personally. :slight_smile:

I don’t eat meat, so if they can’t do veggie or fish substitutions for those courses than please give me spot to someone on the wait list. I don’t want to mess the meal up for everyone else.

OK guys, this is where we are now:

1. If we go over 8 people, we need to do family style ordering, everyone will have THE SAME food. So lets confirm who are 99% sure that they will attend on May 18 by Wednesday, April 28 because…
  2. Zazie will need a credit card to hold the reservation if it is more than 8 people, there will be a $200 penalty if we do not show up. Again, we ALREADY have a reservation for 8 people on the 18th, no deposit and we can order individually as long as we are only 8 or less. This is why it is critical that we get confirmation on how many will surely attend. It is a lot of effort, organizing and putting a deposit, getting a fixed menu that all agree upon, etc. If people cancel the last minute and we end up being 8 or less people… I will be quite disappointed…
  3. The fixed menu style will be like before (see SF Rhys offline), it is NOT based on the online menu prices but on the table / list below:

PRICING:

One appetizer for $8/ person
Two appetizers for $15/ person
Three appetizers for $21/ person
Items with *, add $2/ person

One entree for $22/ person
Two entrees for $29/ person
Three entrees for $36/ person
Items with *, add $2/ person

One side for $7/ person
Two sides for $13/ person
Three sides for $18/ person

One choice for $7/ person
Two choices for $13/ person
Three choices for $18/ person

Our total per person needs to be $60 to get free corkage on a Monday.

I will only work on the fixed menu once people confirm that they are sure to attend and that we exceed 8 people.

\

• J

I changed my call, so I’m in 100%.

I’m in.

I’m still in. Any of the dinner choices look good to me, though I prefer the mussels for the 0th course and the steak for the 2nd.

Still unclear on the theme, but either way I’ll dig up some old bottle and pour in ye olde Mott’s grape juice (happily comes in white or non-white colors).

I am in. Currently traveling in China on business and won’t know what I will bring until I get back on 5/11.

I can also now confirm I’m in for sure. Again, Joel, thanks for doing all the work on this.

I also spoke a bit too soon on the menu items. Mussels would be out for me—all shellfish except for scallops are a not-good idea. Just letting you know.

Mike

Would love to have attended but will be at U2.

6 people have confirmed so far, others please try to respond by Wednesday this week so we know whether to do the whole fixed menu thing or not.

I’m in.

Joel - I’ll sadly give my slot up to make your life easier as there are just a lot of things on the proposed menu I can’t eat.

If this switches to Tuesday let me know, I’m in the same boat as Ashish Burg-wise. No one in South County to drink them with, and my old purchases of good stuff is starting to get delivered. Grande Rue, Christiane, anything Suchots, Gaudichots, Beze, Amoureuses, and St. Denis. Practically the only vineyards anywhere in the world I care about anymore. Leroy, DRC, Fourrier, Roumier, and Rousseau I can’t justify (rationalize) buying. I think I’m the #1 Dominique Laurent fan in the US.

Paul - if we stay with 8 people, then we can order individually, see menu here: http://www.zaziesf.com/dinner/. people on the wait list are still sort of unconfirmed on their decisions as some of them are still not sure if they can attend.

George - would definitely let you know if this moves to a Tuesday but since Mike is only available on a Monday, this will likely stay as per schedule. However we can always plan a burg-centric offline for June!

You met 50 of my closest friends at the Ridge thing, and I have many more. There are plenty of people in these parts who wouldn’t mind drinking your crusty old Burgs. Many even have some of their own.

So since many have confirmed already, let’s start deciding on a theme. Our choices are:

1. Old World Red and Whites
  2. semi- “big-Balla” wines (over $100 / bottle)

Obviously these two can overlap a LOT, especially with prices of French wines these days (Burgundy and Bordeaux). However choosing the Balla theme enables people to bring non-French wines as well. Personally I am fine with both but I do believe that we should decide which way to go.

I vote for 1.

People on the waitlist, please confirm if you are sure to attend, this is critical so we know if we are going for a fixed menu or not.