San Francisco - May 18, 2015 Offline

Do you mean you are also in OK with the 19th (with priority preference on the 18th?)?

If we decide to do it on the 18th, let me know ASAP. It may be possible for me to switch my call to the 19th instead, but I’ll need some time to see if that’s possible.

Sorry - I can do the 18th but not the 19th.

Probably have to call the restaurants for parties larger than 7.

Zazie’s was great - I didn’t mind the fixed menu.

Very happy to do Italian theme.

I prefer the 19th, but I can do the 18th without much trouble.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find a seafood restaurant for Theme #1, although I generally prefer a mix of red, white, sparkling and dessert wine rather than sitting down to 10 bottles of one kind of red or 10 bottles of one kind of white, but - hey - I’m open.

OK folks, looks like we have a shift to the 18th. Everyone seems to be able to go on the 18th (pending Cindy and Ashish’s confirmations). So I successfully made a reservation for 8 for Zazie on the 18th (for some reason it went through this time, but since it is not a Tuesday, we will not get free corkage.). If we are going to up the count to 10, I need people to commit pretty firmly as it will take a bit of effort to do the fixed menu and correspondence with Zazie.

I will modify the OP to reflect these changes for now, everyone please confirm their attendance by Monday next week if possible. As for the theme, it will either be Old World Reds and White or the Semi-“big balla” dinner from the looks of it. Let’s first decide on the date, number of attendees and the venue, we can do the theme later on.

I can possibly make the 18th but I won’t know for another week or so. Please put me down as wait list.

Great, thanks all for flexibility and willingness to get together on the 18th, it is much appreciated.

I’ll only ask that we pick our theme by May 6 as, if I’m to bring something from here, it will be much harder to ask my dad to ship it once I board the plane for California :slight_smile:

18 will be fine for me.

(Thanks, Joel. Trust me I was going to check the board today but your PM always gets me first :slight_smile:

Your theme is Roulot. Does that help? :wink:

It does satisfy BOTH themes…

You guys are such a gas. It’s the 2007 Meursault Les Meix Chavaux. I think I procured it for about $65 back in the day, but I can back into the $100+ by adding a Sauternes halfsie.

So that you know, you’re ripping that bottle away from 80+ likely thirsty throats—it had originally been in the bucket for a big event here in Toronto in July 2016. But that’s OK, those people will have enough else of the good stuff!

Mike,

For “balla” themes we base it on either purchase cost or WS Pro/current/market value :wink: just to be fair to everyone.

LOL, I’m in like Flynn then.

I’d love to accommodate as many as possible and nudge it up to 10. That’s my preferred max number, though I have a system of working with 12-14 attendees—I force one other person to play musical chairs with me halfway through the dinner so I get to talk to everyone. The problem, of course, is that the pours get pretty thin past 10 people…

I do, however, leave myself in your eminently capable hands. Many, many thanks for doing all the heavy lifting organizing-wise. This looks to be a worthy addition to Mike on Tour [grin.gif]

Some good news, just emailed Jen from Zazie, we can get corckage free if we spend at last $60 per head (+tax and tip)

Here is a sample menu I have prepared, note that we HAVE to choose only one from items with “OR” as we have to have all the same food especially if we go to 10 people.

APPETIZER
Pâté de Volaille- our fabulous housemade chicken liver and brandy pâté on grilled garlic levain $10
OR
Mussels Marinières- white wine, garlic, shallots, parsley, cream $12

FIRST COURSE (FISH)
La Truite de Camille- roasted white trout w/ lemon herb butter, toasted almonds, and greens w/ dijon vinaigrette $19
OR
Poisson en Papillote- wild salmon w/ fingerling potatoes, leeks, spinach, and mussel cream sauce in parchment paper $21

SECOND COURSE (MEAT)
Lapin a la Moutarde- slowly braised Sonoma rabbit w/ dijon mustard mushroom sauce, served w/ fresh fettuccine $24
OR
Grilled Niman Ranch Hanger Steak- w/ portobello mushroom cream sauce, mashed potatoes, grilled spring asparagus $24

DESSERT
Decadent Vanilla Crème Brulée $7
OR
Gateau de Chèvre $8 - Goat cheese & creme fraiche cheesecake w/ ginger crust, meyer lemon curd, and raspberry puree

Total must add up $60+ per person (minimum) excluding tax & tip - corkage is free

My vote goes for paté, salmon, lapin and crème brulée. On the wine front either a 99 L-LC, 98 Cos, 00 Ducru or 00 Pichon Baron plus a Swiss sticky

Joel - It’s now doubtful that I’ll be able to join you, so please keep me on the waitlist for now.

Can you wait list me

I’m fine with any of the menu items. Sounds great.

Me too–none of them are on my no-fly allergy list, hurrah.

It’s my birthday!