Falltacular 2016, Our 10th Anniversary, 2/20/2016--FINAL DETAILS in Post #205

On Friday’s event…if we need to, we could create TWO events, with signups/reservations for each. Two locations…

I like this idea, Frenchie. However, it will come with a caveat. If we do this (and based on attendance trends for past Friday dinners), we need about 75 chairs. That means we need 30-40 in each of the two locations. If we move ahead with this approach, then I believe out of respect for the 2 restaurants, we need to go at it 100%. We say it is two locations, we keep a running list of who is coming and we then assign people to each location evenly as we see posts with RSVPs.

I think what will make sense now is lets get the dinner thread going and see what we have. Then, we can forecast where we might land for attendance and I can pursue both Brick and Luciana’s at the same time, should we look to need space.

One thing is for sure, I don’t want to have a single location with 70 people this year, nor enforce a max cutoff of say 50, shutting people out. Frenchie’s idea solves for both of these quite well.

NOTE–if you have Friday dinner RSVPs or feedback to post, do it on the new thread, not here. [thankyou.gif]

Happy holidays everyone. It’s time to start taking your checks. I have updated Post #1 to reflect our new price this year of $85 per person, along with the added cool gift of the etched wine glass that is being provided at the door to each of you via Mark Jones in celebration of our 10th anniversary. You can view post #1 to see the Event File, as well as the FAQ. I also want to ask one additional favor, relative to the cost to attend. As this is a special year for us, and with Mark’s generous donation of the glass, I’d like you to consider writing your check for $100 per person. This is a voluntary, extra amount, and with only one time a year to really raise funds through this event and drive support to Laura’s House, you can make an extra difference with this small extra contribution. Whether you give $85, or something more, we are appreciative and honored with your support. [cheers.gif]

Please mail your check to the address below, made out to Laura’s House. You can pay for yourself and up to one guest. Should you want to bring more people, I would like you to have your guests send a check in separately, so that I can track who is attending and also ensure they are warmly welcomed by me in advance of the event. All new attendees need to write their phone # on their check or slip a note with it so I can do the reachout. As checks come in, I will update the Event File.

Falltacular 2016
C/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive, Suite #225
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
949-361-3775

In addition, I will start communications with the wineries this coming week and get going on what wines you can expect. Aligned with that, I also need to start asking for silent auction donations so if you have a wine lot in mind you want to donate, just send me an email (drfm3@cox.net) or a PM and tell me what you want to do. Remember, the garage silent auction drives close to 60% of our total donation to Laura’s House so we need you to attend, and either donate some wine for the auction, and/or bid on those items when you are here!

That’s it for now, lots to come. As always, thank you for supporting this work we have done together since 2006. Without you, it would not be possible.

Check is in the envelope!

Ours will be in the mail tomorrow.

Will reach out to the BW in Dana Point and get them to open the reservation window.
Details have been finalized (same deal as last year)and will be added to the thread once they are ready for your calls.

Frank- will be sending a check. I might be solo this year. Diane had a procedure to restore the hearing in her left ear- and don’t think she will be cleared to fly. But good news- the operation was a huge success!!

oh, oh. Now she will be able to hear what you are saying clearly?

Glad she is doing well… and hope she will be able to travel with you.

Dietz…you have no idea!!! Diane is doing awesome. Its a new world for her- not having to wear hearing aid. Although most people had no idea that she was hard of hearing or even wore them!!

Dietz, get back to work.

in 5 hours, you will never be able to say that to me again!!

Three more hours!

Let the party begin!!!

Check is in the mail.
JoAnn has started looking for new patterns for the knitted wine carriers!!
We have our flights all booked.

Would not miss it! 10th Anniversary…Awesome! champagne.gif

Looking forward to attending and donating.

Diana is working on a clothing box for Laura’s House as we speak!

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Hi Frankie,
Wow, 10 years!!! It just seems like the first one was a few years ago… You and Jill are such a great supporters of Laura’s House, and a great cause it is!!!

As always, thanks for all your work for this event. It is my favorite event of the year!!! My check will be in the mail soon. Please put my name as volunteer any where in the afternoon that is needed in the schedule.

By the way… Happy Birthday to you on Thursday!!! Hope it is a great one, just like you!!!
God Bless!!!

Check is in the mail, really looking forward to it! Now to dig through the cellar for donations. champagne.gif

Hotel is ready for reservations. Same place we stayed at last year. Same rates as well.
Mention Laura’s House/Falltacular when reserving to get the rate, and we can reserve at the desk this year.

King Suite- $109 (10 available)
King- $99 (10 available)
Double Queen- $99 (5 available just in case)
$10 parking was waived.

Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel
34280 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point, CA 92629
949-248-1000

Thanks Mike - that was easy and painless to make the reservation (the gal who took the reservation said she was getting a lot of calls for that weekend today)!

Thanks again Mike! All booked and excited!

Cheers!
Marshall