Zoom Event--Laurent Champs of Vilmart & Brad Baker--Saturday, May 9th @ 10AM PT, 1PM ET

Maybe BofA can get you in [wow.gif]

Kidding, just kidding! neener

I’ll be drinking an 02 CdC

We got this one covered:. 1996 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Coeur de Cuvée

Looking forward!

Did you read the painfully short instructions in Post #1? [berserker.gif]

Wow, I have never felt the want of access to most of my wine more keenly than now. I wonder if Astor can deliver before Saturday.

I’ll be drinking a Cuvée Rubis NV disgorged in November 2016.

I am going to do the 2012 Grand Cellier d’Or. Really looking forward to this!

this sounds great Frank, count me in

Good morning. If you are attending the Vilmart session this Saturday with Brad and Laurent, please read the following:

Todd and I have changed the Zoom information for the event. This week, Zoom decided to make some security changes in how to use their platform, which will require us to generate a new event link. You must use this new link in order to attend the event.

I will be sending a reply PM to everyone who has the old link. If you find yourself unsure as to which link is the right one, just connect with the link that ends in “09”.

Any questions, let me know. This change does not affect our Bedrock event tomorrow, which will use the existing Zoom link credentials you have received from me.

Sorry for the hassle everyone. I know the extra step of protecting the link creates some challenge but I’d rather have the extra layer than have people entering our event for reasons to disrupt them.

I’m bumping this in prep for tomorrow’s event with Brad and Laurent. As a reminder, many of you need to be sure you check your PM Inbox as you would have received a new Zoom link from me. Please review the previous post to ensure you are caught up on the brief news.

I will be getting ahead of things and opening the 2013 Vilmart GCdO tonight. Maybe a few of you can get into the spirit and get a bottle open with me.

The learning potential and insight tomorrow from one of the great growers in all of Champagne is going to be excellent. So, if you would like to attend, just flip me a PM.

Stay safe everyone.

Can’t wait.

Frank,

I plan on opening a 1995 Cuvee Creation for tomorrow and maybe something else too like the 2001 Coeur de Cuvee. Both of these are interesting wines - the 2001 because it is a 2001 and it is darn good. Plus, I also would like to check in on it. The 1995 Cuvee Creation is extremely interesting because 1995 was a very good vintage, but no Coeur de Cuvee was made as Laruent was not initially a huge fan of 1995. This meant that this was the one and only time that the Cuvee Creation was the prestige wine of Vilmart. It should make for an interesting talking point wtih Laurent. Maybe I will pop a 2013 Grand Cellier tonight too. Can never have too much Vilmart open.

Okay Frank…I really don’t need to start drinking at noon on Saturday, and I don’t have any Vilmart currently. But that being said, I do have a lot of bubbles in the basement…and my weekly Saturday Zoom with Hardy Wallace doesn’t start until 4:00. Please shoot me the Zoom link and I’ll chill something appropriate. By the way…big smile after the Morgan/Joel show…you guys are doing a huge service for the board and killing it.

Since Merrill asked about this in the other Vilmart TN thread, let me toss this out as it will help tomorrow if you are attending (or just want to know). If I made an error on this, please correct. Wines are listed in order of price.

Blends
Grand Reserve 70 PN / 30 Chard 9 g/l
Grand Cellier 70 Chard / 30 PN 9 g/l
Grand Cellier d’Or (vintage) 80 Chard / 20 PN 7 g/l 42 months on lees
Coeur de Cuvee (vintage) 80 Chard / 20 PN 7 g/l 70 months on lees

Rose
Cuvee Rubis 90 PN (15% red wine) / 10 Chard 9 g/l
Grand Cellier Rubis (vintage) 60 PN (Saignee) / 40 Chard 8 g/l

BdB
Blanc de Blancs (Les Blanches Voies, vintage) 100 Chard 4 g/l 84 months on lees

All the wines see 10 months in cask as vin clair. No malolactic.

Thanks, Frank that’s all very interesting. See you tomorrow!

2010 Grand Cellier is in the fridge for tomorrow.

I never knew the vintage Rubis has such a high %age of chardonnay as opposed to the regular. Maybe that’s why I like it so much :slight_smile:

I’m firing up for tomorrow, got my bottle open. Right out of the bottle it pours with a glassy lemony, honeyed profile, with tangerine, green apple and even a bit of strawberry. Gorgeous, but hell, Vilmart never disappoints me.

And I just discovered Vilmart goes well with Nirvana, playing On A Plain in the background. This may be the best pairing ever [worship.gif]

Nice Frank!
Tomorrow I’m going to open the same bottle as yours, without the Nirvana though newhere

Frank: Just PM’d you…I am in if you still space!

Let me know.

Thanks,

Gus