You know you have too much wine when...

01991BD7-B6BA-4D32-9084-941908124E1F.jpeg

That’s it. That’s the definition right there

[winner.gif] [rofl.gif]

When people ask to see your cellar and you take them down to see it and they look at you like, ‘why the f*ck do you have so many bottles of wine?’ Or, they rightly ask, ‘are you going to drink all this wine?’

+1

When it occurs to you that solving the Riemann Hypothesis probably poses less of a challenge and provides more time savings than updating Cellartracker after 5+ years.

Then they say, “No, really, how many?” you respond, “Well, what’s your definition of ‘a lot’.” They then give a number while you are not even listening and you respond, “Yes, I have a lot.”

When King George V of Britain asked the American financier and legendary horse breeder and racer August Belmont Jr. in 1911 how many mares he had in Kentucky, Belmont replied, “Sire, I never count them for fear my conscience would trouble me.”

My mother drank a 90 year old Madeira on her 90th Birthday and liked it. neener

I like that. My usual response nowadays goes something along the lines of “more than I’d care to admit to anyone else that doesn’t share my woes.”

Ha!

You’re a berskerer?

I’ll be looking forward to drinking a 90 YO Madeira on my 90th birthday, but I’m not sure what I’ll be doing with the other 90 cases of ready to drink wine in the cellar.

That is, if I work hard on drinking what I have, and not overbuying in the coming years, I may get down to 90 cases by then.

I love this thread. Many laughs and so much truth.

When you open a wine business so you can justify it as inventory…

You find yourself becoming more and more surreptitious with your spouse about your wine buying activities. . .

You dont know why you buy more when you already have enough for more than a lifetime.

+1 champagne.gif

When you upgrade your off-site storage locker size three times following three consecutive wine shipping seasons.

Next will be grabbing a second (or third or fourth) storage locker…

champagne.gif