WTN: A White & a Red for DinDin...(short/boring)

Tried these two last night:

1. Turley TheWhiteCoat Calif WW (13.8%; Rouss/GrenacheBlanc + Vermentino) St.Helena 2018: Light yellow/gold color; lovely floral/pear/Rouss/honeysuckle/gardenias slight cattle feed lot that goes quite perfumed nose; fairly tart strong pear/Rouss/floral/honeysuckle light chalky/perfumed talc slight earthy quite perfumey flavor; very long/lingering strong Rouss/floral/honeysuckle/pear light earthy/perfumed talc finish; quite a lovely ripe/balanced very floral/Rouss/GB Rhone blend way far from DollyParton territory. $35.00

1. Solminer Syrah deLandaVnyd/LosOlivosDist (12.5%; 98 cs) Lompoc 2016: Med.drak color; quite pretty floral/violets/lilacs slight Syrah/blackberry/licorice bit herbal/thyme/pungent light Rhonish/smoked meats/roasted somewhat complex interesting nose; quite tart/tangy bit lean/eviscerated strong floral/violets/lilacs/Syrah light toasty/oak slight Rhonish/smokey some herbal/pungent flavor w/ light tangy tannins; long rather tart/tangy/lean/hard/chewey some blackbery/Syrah/floral/herbal finish w/ light chewey tannins; a rather unusual expression of Calif Syrah that’s pretty hard/lean/eviscerated on the palate. $42.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. WhiteCoat: This was originally a Viog made for the HdR Auction many yrs ago. It was generally above 15% and well-positioned into DollyParton territory. It has since transitioned into a Rouss/GB blend from their Napa and Pesenti estate vnyds and morphed into a lovely balanced WhiteRhone blend.
    On the first sniff there was a hint of reductive cattle-feed lot like you pick up driving across WestTexas, not altogether unpleasant when you’re from Kansas, but it rapidly went away.

1. Solminer: This is a pretty typical example of how David&Anna make their Syrahs. The emphasis is on a lower alcohol expression of the variety. It generally has a quite lovely fragrant nose, but comes of as hard/lean/eviscerated on the palate. Would just like a bit more richness on the palate.
    Tom

Tom: Those early White Coats were tough to choke down; one glass was plenty. I had not heard that they lightened it up. It looks like the price is lower, too. Next time I’m at the Paso winery I will have to pick some up. Back in the day they rationed it.