WTB/WTTF: 2011 Krug

My daughter’s birth year. Looking for a magnum or two. I believe these are just starting to hit the supply chain and not much yet on WS in the US (nothing in mag).

In case anyone ITB or otherwise gets a line on any incoming, please LMK

Thanks

Tough birth year for wine!

2 Likes

My daughter is also 2011. Vilmart Rubis is a tasty Champagne. I’m sure you also know that there is a lot of great wine from Piedmont plus Port and Sauternes. Good luck!

1 Like

Indeed, although I have plenty of Y’quem socked away which I’m betting will be killer in another 8-10 years

If Krug follows its usual practice, you won’t see 2011 mags for several years at least. The mag release generally trails the bottle release, I believe. We still haven’t seen 2006 Krug mags, for example.

1 Like

Krug mags are also super long lived so if you’re actually hoping to drink the wine when they’re 21 and have it be good, 750 may be better. 88 Krug mag the other day could’ve been 2006 in 750 and had been open for a very long time.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you!

Great point, I may have to look for 750s as the intent will be to drink around her 21st in 2032

An EP offer of $425 per 750ml just appeared on W-S. Feels high to me compared with pre-08 vintages but afraid this may just be the new norm. Any advice if I should jump on this or wait for a broader release and eventual price to come down?

I assume LVMH wants that price to be the new normal, but given the vintage, I’m going to wait a bit to see where the market lands on 2011 Krug before I pay $425.

1 Like

I see no reason to jump in early on this wine. I think expectations are low since it is a 2011 vintage and you should have ample time to backfill later on

2 Likes

$356/b at Flickinger pre arrival. Same price at Sommpicks. I’d expect it to drop also. Little interest in 2011.

1 Like