WTB Port Tongs

I’d like to buy some Port Tongs. Hopefully someone has some they don’t use often enough and would like to sell them to me.

Paul,
They are very hard to come by in the states and even harder to get someone to part with them. The only places I know of where you can get them here in the states, or shipped to you here, are listed below. No affiliation to either and I’ve never bought from either so can’t help you there. Just trying to help you locate some.

https://www.vinhodoporto.nl/accessoires/Port_tang

You could also perhaps send the Sandeman Port Lodge in Vila Nova de Gaia an email and see if they will sell and ship you a set if the above two don’t work out.

A general warning…many inexpensive Tongs out there (and for sale at the Port Lodges) are decorative and after using a few times can literally fall apart. Most of these are painted in a shiny black and are the “Horizontal” type (you hold them at a 90 degree angle to the bottle when using them). The ones linked above are the “Vertical” type and are generally built for lots of actual use.

Thank you Andy! Helpful as always. I was hoping someone had a pair they weren’t using but it looks like I do need to order online.

My wife bought me a pair a decade ago. Had to contact a guy in Portugal. I just asked her and she said, “some guy on the Internet”. Probably ask Roy Hersh.

I don’t use mine enough but not willing to part with them.