Winter 2017 Carlisle Release

Just a damn shame :frowning:

Looks like I’ll be adding some extra MR to my order

Last vintage for Hayne too. [wow.gif] [shock.gif]

Oh wow! Didn’t see that one coming :frowning:

There is so much to get excited about in that release letter but direct shipping to Pennsylvania is very exciting.

Yep, so pumped they can direct ship to AZ again too! Makes life much easier…not to mention more cost effective.

Anyone know where the fruit is going?

Pretty sure Gallo is keeping all of it.

The Mancini Vineyard Zinfandel should be a winner!

I tried to dig up some information on this site in Piner/Oliver after falling in love with the 2012 Joseph Swan “Côtes du Rosa” Carignan, sourced from the Mancini Vineyard in the RRV. The 2012 was the final vintage of this awesome wine, and my research work found that Carol Shelton, Miro Cellars, and Carlisle all received fruit from the site in 2013. A new winery called Reichwage now has control over the vineyard, which has a house on the property where a descendant of the original owners resides.

I reached out to Mr Officer, Mr Max Reichwage, as well as the folks at the Sonoma County Library. Here is some of the information on the Mancini Vineyard:

“Mancini Ranch was once twice the size, the property across Piner Rd was purchased by KJ and planted to Pinot a couple decades ago. The Pellettis once ran the Pelletti Fruit Co in Graton & Forestville, growing apples, pears, walnuts, prunes, grapes, etc.”

“Luca Mancini planted the vineyard in 1922 (according to Sonoma County Ag docs); there used to be a water tower on site which was used to water the vines until they were old enough for dry farming. The vines are mostly Zinfandel but there is a lot of Carignan on the North end of the property. In the opposite corner there’s a lot of mixed whites, Colombard, Muscadelle, and Golden Chasselas (Palomino).”

“The obituary for Frank Mancini:
(http://www.pressdemocrat.com/csp/mediapool/sites/PressDemocrat/News/story.csp?cid=2237792&sid=555&fid=181) mentions that his nephew was Harry Pelletti of Santa Rosa. It also mentions his father, Luca “Bronzo” Mancini (1887–1968).”

Allocations are now live.

Anyone know why this is last vintage for Hayne for the folks at Carlisle? Apologies in advance if this was asked and answered already! newhere

Are pre-release allocations guaranteed until 2/5? Hoping to see how much damage is done on BD and of what varietals I stock up on from the offers before placing my order

The Bedrock release isn’t until March, right?

NOT guaranteed.

I believe that Carlisle has two offers this year: Winter and Summer (per the WineRelease website and prior experience).

2016 is Bedrock’s last year for MRV.

It’s a real shame. Monte Rosso is one of California’s great gems, and the grapes were in much more capable hands with Morgan, Mike, Robert Biale, than the hacks at Gallo.

Just ordered a mixed case.

I have to believe that Gallo knows what a treasure it has on its hands, and that it will not squander away the Monte Rosso fruit in an appellation-designated wine. There may be some kind of new, special wine project in the making…? :neutral_face:

I do not mean to infer that MTP, Mr Officer, or anyone else is not producing world-class wine with the Monte Rosso grapes. I am merely trying to remain optimistic.

Order in! My allocations were also a bit light this release so crossing my fingers on a bunch of wish list bottles.

You also may want to stock up on the Sonoma County Syrah, as it looks ‘highly unlikely’ there will be any produced for the 2016 vintage.

I think they were pouring a sample of the Mancini during pickup last month. It was excellent.

Thanks,
Ed

Ordered way too much and still left a ton on the table.