Winery Lake Vnyd??

In the early 1960’s, Rene di Rosa planted the WineryLakeVnyd in the Carneros. There was some legendary
wines that came from grapes he sold in the '60’s-‘70’s, like the sweet Riesling from Veedercrest, to name one.
He also had Chard & PinotNoir in that vnyd. As well as an art collection of sculptures.
Rene died in 2010 and I understand the vnyd was sold to Seagrams.
You don’t hear anything about this famed vnyd anymore. Anybody know anything about the vnyd or
where the grapes are going?
Tom (trippin’ down memory lane today)

Tom,
This is a good question. Rene sold the vineyard to Seagrams/Sterling sometime in the mid 80s. Sterling became part of Diageo and in turn part of Treasury, which owns Beringer, BV, Chateau St Jean, Acacia, Etude, Stags Leap Vineyard --the Doumani Stags Leap, and much more. Odd that nobody talks about it anymore. Of course, Diageo loved selling vineyards and then leasing them back, so I cannot be sure of ownership.

Acacia produces a vineyard designate Chardonnay and Sterling still gets some of the fruit. Apparently there is a block of Syrah on the property and Sterling produces a rose’ from that fruit. Provenance is also producing a Chardonnay from this vineyard. There may be others, but that was all I could find with a quick search and a less quick memory.