Winefluencers - Best IG follows?

attorneysomm is a friend of mine here in Dallas, John Jackson. He has a sensational palate. Very intelligent guy who does IP litigation for a big regional firm here in town. Really bright guy with world class tastebuds. Strong reco there, and Charlie Fu drinks some fun stuff too!

3 Likes

vinsvibrants
kabah22
vin_naturel
wineguyzzzzz
seattle_vino
richenbourg
jlc_wine

2 Likes

One of the few I follow. I’m regularly blown away at the stuff that guy opens, and it’s often multiple bottles of once in a lifetime wines for most people, like 1920s burg, 1930s burg, 1860’s dqyem in one session.

1 Like

+1 on John Jackson. He’s done some great YouTube videos, makes content across a spectrum of wine experience (it’s not all first growth, grand cru, tete de cuvées etc.), and he’s very responsive to any comments or questions through IG. Seems like a great guy, too!

1 Like

If your friend has any interest in Champagne, then:

Alavolee

And

ChampagneSanna

Are great accounts to follow.

I’ve heard rumors that these two secretly really enjoy Barossa Shiraz and other spoofy wines. Don’t let their pictures lead you down a dark path😂

3 Likes

As far as the influencers go, I’ve gotten pretty tired of my feed filled with people simply posting bottles of Leroy, DRC, Rousseau, etc without any notes or basic commentary. It’s just people bragging essentially.

Charlie does a great job of providing notes and commentary. William Kelley is essential. For entertainment value, the Valtellina producer Barbacan has some hilarious videos.

2 Likes

I hear you but you are comparing William who is a top notch professional to amateurs who do this for fun. I post about 1% of the wines I drink and try to focus on either commentary about a wine or vintage or newer / unknown wines as well as food and music recommendations.

Sad to say the higher end bottles drive traffic.

I get quite a few thank yous for my recommendations which is the reason why I do it because it is also a huge help to small restaurants and small wine producers.

I don’t think anyone mentioned him yet, but our own Frank Murray does some great posts on Champagne.

1 Like

This guy blarmston on Instagram is a decent follow.

He sometimes showcases some okay wines, but then he ruins the posts with his lame attempts at witty commentary.

Occasionally he will attempt to drop some wine knowledge, but a quick fact check exposes his severe lack of understanding and plainly makes him look incompetent or worse.

His skill with his iPhone and creativity leave much to be desired, and his talent at filters and such are easily bested by a 12 year old who took 2.5 hours worth of photography class over summer break.

He also occasionally shows that he does indeed have a (rather lame and uneventful) life outside of drinking wine on his couch, but somewhat makes amends for this with videos and posts of his awesome dog. He does indeed have an awesome dog, who alone accounts for 88% of the reason people tolerate his posts.

Full disclosure that he is a die hard NY Mets fan and every time they win a game he is proclaiming them to be WS champs in three months (it can very very annoying), so if that causes immediately nausea to some, it may be best to avoid viewing his profile.

Never understood the post of a picture either. [cheers.gif]

A lot of good ones above. Here are some additional folks including some board members.

the_winest - Abby has the perfect amount of wine, personality, home cooking awesomeness, art, etc. One of my favorite wine-centric follows on IG and TikTok

drewdmat - Living his best wine country retirement life in Sonoma

adn.wine - Andrew drinks awesome wines and takes great notes.

rieslingfans - David has a great mix of wine notes and nature photography

decaturwinedude - Great wines. Short and meaningful notes.

gentlemenofthevine - the more refined side of Monsieur Gilbane

leviopenswine - Levi Dalton

3 Likes

Decanterburytales for Oregon wines is another on top of some really great recommendations.

2 Likes

LMAO

Lets Go Mets!

[cheers.gif]

Yeah, he is great. Is he a WB member?

1 Like

Thank you Bob, that is kind of you.

I mostly follow Champagne-only people on IG. Here is who I like:

Sousliege. From Europe. He posts a lot, and he does a very thorough job with his notes. He knows his way around bubbles.
Willie-Uncorked. He is in the US midwest and drinks a lot of good stuff. He is positive and comprehensive in his impressions. And, he is a good person to boot.
Adn.Wine. We all know Andrew from our forum here. No bragging, no look at me stuff…just good notes, consistent rhythm and honest takes.
Yuri Shima. Yuri is a modest soul, a woman in a male space and she does a wonderful job with visit and tasting summaries. I have great respect for her work.
Martin Eksten. Over in Europe, he drinks and posts regularly on grower bubbles. He also does a comprehensive job tasting all kinds of things.
Tuomas Rahkamaa. I think he is in Finland. He regularly posts on bubbles and drinks with a span of diversity, too.
swedishchampagneofficial. Consistent reviewer, both GM and grower wines. I don’t know how he doesn’t keel over from all the wines he has open.

1 Like

Love this list! All great follows for sure! Well…except for the last one. Just can’t do it.

1 Like

Everyone wine-related I follow—many of them the fine folks listed or posting above.

If you like detailed notes on old wines which most of us will never drink (like Margaux 1900 the other day) then Ivar would be recommended. A nice guy with a good palette and brilliant blind taster to boot. Slightly under the radar in terms of followers.

@ivarbjurner on Instagram

There are very few good posters on IG. Most people just post images with no information about the wine.

I have been posting about some of the wines i have been drinking over the past three years or so. But i just deleted my app as i got super bored with the content on IG.

For Cabernet Franc lovers cabfrancchronicles is a must follow though.