Wine Spectator hit with transgender discrimination lawsuit (SF Chronicle)

some serious allegations here.

https://archive.is/20230526203359/https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/wine/article/wine-spectator-lawsuit-transgender-discrimmination-18120170.php

The Molesworth accusation following so closely on the the LPB mess is unfortunate. It is all very well having a code of conduct, but as it is almost all self policed, it is pretty worthless. But a honest critic who rates say a Poujeaux over a Lafite calls into question his or her own palate, which is almost equally damaging.

That being said, it is an accusation not a fact, and we should withhold judgement until we have a better idea of what happened. The problem is that it is now doing the rounds, so much of the damage has been done. I have little love for Shanken and the Spectator, but I really hope the accusation is shown to be untrue.

3 Likes

have always sought to deny WS any measure of credibility in the wine biz – it’s a fashion magazine…
although i think very highly of Sanderson,
…all of my interactions with Molesworth were never other than professional
and dispassionate, and i always found him to be conscientious, if personally rather a cold fish

What is LPB mess?

As I recall, after attending a recent Southwold blind tasting organized by Farr Vintners, Ms. PB changed her scores and published her notes stating that they were blind, which, as it turns out, they weren’t (she changed her scores after seeing the labels and didn’t disclose).

1 Like

I totally missed this.

was surprised it wasn’t posted actually.

who is Ms. PB??

on the (non) blind allegation, this is pretty straightforward facts - wouldn’t it be libel if not true?

Lisa Perroti-Brown? (I’m guessing I have no idea of the allegations or whatever is being referenced.)

1 Like

You have to read the long Bordeaux 2022 thread. It is buried in there. Pretty interesting but there is a lot left to the imagination about the actual facts. William Kelley sort of got caught up in it.

1 Like

Enjoy!

2 Likes