Wine Spectator hit with transgender discrimination lawsuit (SF Chronicle)

some serious allegations here.

https://archive.is/20230526203359/https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/wine/article/wine-spectator-lawsuit-transgender-discrimmination-18120170.php

The Molesworth accusation following so closely on the the LPB mess is unfortunate. It is all very well having a code of conduct, but as it is almost all self policed, it is pretty worthless. But a honest critic who rates say a Poujeaux over a Lafite calls into question his or her own palate, which is almost equally damaging.

That being said, it is an accusation not a fact, and we should withhold judgement until we have a better idea of what happened. The problem is that it is now doing the rounds, so much of the damage has been done. I have little love for Shanken and the Spectator, but I really hope the accusation is shown to be untrue.

3 Likes

have always sought to deny WS any measure of credibility in the wine biz ā€“ itā€™s a fashion magazineā€¦
although i think very highly of Sanderson,
ā€¦all of my interactions with Molesworth were never other than professional
and dispassionate, and i always found him to be conscientious, if personally rather a cold fish

What is LPB mess?

As I recall, after attending a recent Southwold blind tasting organized by Farr Vintners, Ms. PB changed her scores and published her notes stating that they were blind, which, as it turns out, they werenā€™t (she changed her scores after seeing the labels and didnā€™t disclose).

1 Like

I totally missed this.

was surprised it wasnā€™t posted actually.

who is Ms. PB??

on the (non) blind allegation, this is pretty straightforward facts - wouldnā€™t it be libel if not true?

Lisa Perroti-Brown? (Iā€™m guessing I have no idea of the allegations or whatever is being referenced.)

1 Like

You have to read the long Bordeaux 2022 thread. It is buried in there. Pretty interesting but there is a lot left to the imagination about the actual facts. William Kelley sort of got caught up in it.

1 Like

Enjoy!

2 Likes