wine-searcher pro price increase

and I agree, as my initial post noted–that “I think it’s still worth the $39 for pro.” Another big percentage jump in price, though, and I’m out.
alan

I don’t think it is worth getting one’s principle’s out for $10. Just my personal opinion.

so what would get you? $20? $30? I reread my posts and this is what I wrote: I think it’s still worth the $39, though I do hate to pay a 33% increase these days.

alan

Reading your post, I might use it for a year and find a new group of retailers I build a relationship with. But then again, there are only a few growers whose wines I have to have, so it might be easier for me.

It’s now $65 a year. Do you still subscribe to this at this price?

Exactly. It’s an enabler. Do we really need more of these in our lives simply to SPEND MORE MONEY on useless things? Where’s the Marie Kondo ethic? neener

Yes.

Is the pro version any more accurate when it comes to inventories? I’ve learned the hard way to check the store’s website every time. Too many times wines have been shown on the free version of W-S that were sold out long ago.

I probably should un-subscribe just because I am not buying the kinds of wine for which it is most useful, but I suspect it still saves me time, aggravation, and money over the course of the year

I haven’t sub’d in a couple of years. I know where to find the wines I want at good prices (maybe not the absolute best). And with retailers I trust.

I’m no longer a subscriber because my buying has changed, but while I was I was always impressed by their customer service and responsiveness whenever I had a question.

wine-searcher has nothing to do with inventories, they rely on the store to supply them by various methods and the most often is daily for merchants that pay and use a data feed.

I stopped subscribing when they put a limit on searches. Looks like they’ve removed it so may renew my subscription.

I consider it an essential tool for this pursuit, and have no issue with the current cost, nor with increases now and then. I use it to check market prices more often than I do to locate a wine I want to buy.

At one point, they were scraping data, no? I can’t think most stores are doing this daily, based on my experiences. Too many times I’ve schlepped across town to find a bottle only to discover that the last one was sold a long time ago and I stupidly didn’t check directly on the store’s website.

Let me come home from my six figure job, jump in my Tesla, check time on the gold Rolex before getting home and searing a nice Flannery steak on the custom outdoor grill before selecting a nice Chambertin from my 2000 bottle custom cellar.

What to do next, i know lets complain about $10 on software that has not changed for the last 15 years, bastards have increased 67c a year every year, how am i supposed to pay for Monaco every year with a 67 cent increase !!! damn i might need to sell a bottle of DRC to pay my next 200 years of subscription

thanks for the thread
made me go in and renew!

Before, if you searched multiple wines too quickly, it would time you out because it thought you were a robot (same with CT).

absolutely essential for me. First few years were best but now every store and person has it, less deals found and no chance for arbitrage.

With the issue of many retailers no longer shipping to my state, I no longer subscribe.