Wine list help

Curious as to how more wise members would choose on this wine list - I know the direction I typically go but curious to see if there are better choices to be made. Typical food choice is red meat and budget typically between 150-250/bottle. Thanks!

Pretty uninspiring list of the most recent vintages. Is BYO an option?

Unfortunately not in Mass most places - yes list looks young

I’d probably go for the 2019 Dom de Comtes Lafon, Volnay Santenots-Du-Milieu 1er Cru. Much better markup than all the Italian stuff that’s way too young…

2 Likes

Any chance you’ll need two bottles?

This could be fun, 2004 Beringer, Cabernet Sauvignon, ‘Private Reserve’, Napa Valley 1.5L $475.

if you like burgundy, i’d spend much less and go with the 2020 drouhin chorey. ripe year, probably drinking great. price on the list is very fair / low.

1 Like

Is the Sperino Lessona too young (2018)?

A great opportunity to try a glass of Kylie Minogue’s dealcoholised sparkling rosé!

The Tenuta Delle Terre Nere Feudo di Mezzo is decently priced. I usually like their wines.

The Negri Barolo would also be a nice choice.

2 Likes

Agree with this the Terre Nere is an easy buy and the stand out value on the list for me (if that type of wine floats your boat)

1 Like

Thanks for all the recommendations! Quite a few enticing recommendations (the 1er Cru was what I was eyeing before posting so I feel redeemed that it got a mention!). I think I will likely go with the Terra Nere since it is an area of the wine list I typically don’t venture to and it received a double recommendation.

2 Likes

One more for the Etna Rosso. I love the Terre Nerre, and any Nerello at a steakhouse. If you like those, this is real deal at less than half the typical budget.

1 Like

Quite a markup on the Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel. Enjoy at the restaurant for $59 or enjoy at home for $8.99.

I did go with the Terre Nere and we were very pleased with it! Definitely a bargain.

I did notice the Bogle markup, also the Ghost Pines which I haven’t had in a number of years but the markup seemed very high for my hazy recollection of the wine.