Wine Library Pass- Game Changer

I love double dipping … [basic-smile.gif]

And as a Minnesotan, I was surprised to see that you now ship to Minnesota. So I picked up a Library Pass today. It’ll be nice to start ordering from you again. I always enjoyed the experience, and I remember fondly those early Wine Library TV days.

k.

This will not help my supposed buying curtailment this year, but went ahead and got one with only 30 minutes to spare on the discount.

LOL! Agreed. Shouldn’t they be subsidizing our commute. My weekly jaunt to WL ain’t free. Although they were handing out free baguettes to everyone who walked in the store a few weeks ago.

This is my top priority.

I’m already working on several things.

I’m very pleased to hear that.

Ian, how will you deal with purchases that mix “L-pass” eligible and ineligible wines?

Love it. Saw the Asimov piece on langhe and quickly bought two of the three recommended wines from WL. And no worries about shipping costs!

Game changer indeed. Good way to label this one.
So far I have used it twice and am about to go for three. Each time had to have saved me 8 bucks or so so I am about 9 dollars away from breaking even. The way I have been experimenting lately, this looks like I can make a purchase on a Tuesday/Wednesday for drinking the following Friday/Weekend.

so far-
2011 Neely Pinot Noir Hidden Block Santa Cruz Mountains
2012 Arterberry Maresh Pinot Noir Dundee
Next up: Kelley Fox.

So far it has actually saved me more money by not buying wine from places like Last Bottle that offer free shipping if you buy a certain quantity. I have to admit it was an angle I hadn’t thought of when I got bought the deal on Berserker Day.

Just used it for the first time on a Cindy Barolo deal where I was able to pick up only 2 bottles with the free shipping. Not a big Barolo drinker but this gives me an opportunity to try the 2010 vintage without having to buy 6 bottles to get the free shipping

Hope this isn’t an indication of the future but their sale today that had over 250 wines only had 25% that you could use the pass and 75% were excluded. Prices ranged from $10 to $600 so it was a broad spectrum.

I dont think single one of the Italian, bdx, or champagne wines I see are eligible. Disappointing, yes.

16 of the 35 Italian wines are Library Pass eligible. Only one of the nine Bordeaux is LP eligible. Only one of the five Champagne wines is LP eligible. At this point, I’m not particularly concerned about old inventory they’re getting rid of. I’m far more interested in the new inventory that’s coming in.

I may very well be missing something. Where is the indication that the wine is eligible?

Make sure you’re logged in. You should see this symbol:

Maybe I wasn’t logged in; I will try again. Thx

Yeah, basically every wine I wanted to order was excluded. Of course the ones I wanted to order had stupid cheap prices, which is probably why they were excluded. Presumably WL requires a certain margin on a product to make it eligible for the pass - that’s what I would do if I were them.

You can always order a case and get free shipping. If I had more room, there would be a mixed case coming my way with the Brun Morgon and some other select items.

Damn…just getting to this now. I’ll take consolation that $50 is still a great deal.

Get in touch first - Tell 'em you a Berserker [berserker.gif]
See what happens…

Cheers
Rip