wine.com delivery fail

They’ve changed their policy on this during COVID. You only have to show ID now and the driver can sign.

Can you ask Fedex for the name of the person who showed an adult ID?

Pretty typical of fedex or ups. The shipper is at their mercy and it takes forever to get answers.
This seems to be more of a problem with 1 to 3 bottles. Damaged shipments are also a problem.

File an insurance claim on the credit card.

funny how you spew out rules about signatures required like you know what you are talking about, yet for 6 months the COVID situation has the drivers just ask for an ID. The only delivery service that has actually asked me for an ID is GSO and that was on one delivery only, not the subsequent ones. I normally am entertained by your posts but it seems like you may actually not know what you are talking about.

I forgot about that, and stand corrected.

Was double charged for a different ‘19 Bordeaux futures order late last night, from an order originally made and paid for over three months ago. This is an addition to the duplicate charges they made on Friday. At this rate, they should seriously consider ceasing all operations until they can fix these basic issues.

But give up all this great new sales volume?
cheesehead

Whether you want or not…

73944FCC-7427-4BAE-BD1E-EA6948F0D4E2.jpg

Vultures needn’t know proper butchery to enjoy the feast.

I was person #39 in the chat queue when I started…57 minutes later…I added the boldface and redacted names/times. bottom line: I don’t think the arrival dates selected or on the order status have much basis in reality. I guess people will get stuff, when they get stuff.

====

CSR: I’m very sorry your order has not shipped. Our warehouse recently upgraded its system which has caused systemwide shipping delays. Our warehouse team is working around the clock to get the delayed orders out as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, they have not posted a ship date for your order as yet.
me: do you think that means this week? this month?
me: ?
me: are they providing any email updates?
CSR: While I can’t provide an exact ship date, I would say a couple more days to about a week. You will receive tracking as soon as the order ships.
me: thanks for being honest.

Ok this is going to be a new one for me…
I received a Fed-Ex notice that my wine was picked up from Walgreens today while I was at work. [rofl.gif] What a mess.

Probably if true a Walgreens error, but still I’ve got 2 mistakes with one shipment [rofl.gif]

I haven’t received a response from multiple emails sent to customer service. After six days of exposure to summer heat, I finally received the wine yesterday morning. FedEx attempted to deliver twice after hours including Monday night around 9PM, so that required a phone call to FedEx yesterday morning to straighten things out. It doesn’t appear that I was charged for my purchase in June, but finally charged at the time of shipment last week. Without a response to my original complaint last week, I went ahead and contacted my credit card.

Good to hear, even though it’s not good news. I chatted several times with various customer service folks and received the same runaround.

Just saw where they have now triple charged me for a futures order. They reversed the charges and now they are back on again. What a nightmare

I think I am about to follow in your footsteps, Jeff. My recent AMEX showed an unfamiliar charge from wine.com. Looks like they are billing me AGAIN for a futures order that I already paid in April. Telephoned customer service and no reps available (“please call back” they suggest). Currently am 136th in Chat queue online. I assume all will get figured out eventually, and I am not going to waste a lot of time on this,. Just need to pay attention to credit card transactions.

Got hit with a random charge on September 12, this one actually went from pending to completed. Stuck in queue position 151 now to try to get it reversed.

I had a couple that posted, but all of mine are now reversed so they are clearly working through it.

CEO just sent out an email, acknowledging the issue and they are working to rectify. I haven’t had any issues on premature shipping so can’t weigh in on that but I’m happy they rectified the CC charge thing quickly.

I sent them an email this AM with a note on the charges. These charges appeared, then went away and now are back. My card statement closed 3 days ago so these are now billable to me again.

I think I will give them until Monday to wipe the charges before I contest them.

I just received an e-mail from wine.com, which is presumably being sent to everyone with pending orders. It comes a week later than it should have, expresses the bare minimum it should in terms of apology or how they’re going to make things right, and doesn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. But at least they are acknowledging my existence, plus the fact that they are having problems.

Here’s the text:

Thank you for your recent order with Wine.com. You are a valued customer and we appreciate the trust you place in us. As you may have experienced, we have had a number of delays and inaccuracies recently that are not up to the very high standards we usually achieve. As Wine.com’s CEO, that’s on me, and I’m terribly sorry if your order has been impacted.

We recently began a systems upgrade with the aim to better serve you through faster shipments, enhanced communications and more reliable tracking. While the new system is already working for some orders, others have been negatively impacted, providing the opposite experience. Your Wine.com team cares deeply about giving you top notch service, and we’re hard at work resolving every single order for every single customer.

If you have had an impacted order, please know that we are shipping delayed orders and responding to customer inquiries as quickly as possible.

I know this is frustrating for you, and I appreciate your patience as we remedy the situation and get back to our normal delivery speed and reliability very soon.

Sincerely,
Rich Bergsund
CEO

I have received two wine.com emails today after my email to their CS email. One from the CEO that is posted above and a second about the erroneous charges and it maybe taking up to 5 business days. What a clust**** they have created here. Hope they can get their act together. I want some $100 off $300 codes when this is all settled.