wine.com delivery fail

If both bottles were shipped against instructions, during high summer heat, the customer retention of the inexpensive one benefits the retailer, while the rejection of the expensive one is fair and correct. So, how is there any potential dishonesty?

I am agreeing with you if the expensive one was rejected at the time of delivery and not kept by the customer.

If the merchant wants the wines returned, an insurer should directly receive them.

Is that your opinion or something grounded in standard contract law or otherwise?

Just curious, does anyone have the OPPOSITE issue regarding delivery?

I have a couple orders that were supposed to ship yesterday and arrive today and only 1 did. Other orders haven’t been shipped yet.

If an insurance claim, the policyholder would surrender the damaged goods for recovery payment.

Yes. I have an order from last week that had a “requested arrival” (assigned by their system) for last Thursday. It is still in limbo, and my CC has a pending payment authorization for it (i.e. hasn’t converted to being billed).

Its Twitter site is one long stream of recent complaints about incorrect deliveries and charges, plus non-responsive Customer Service.

Same boat, good to know it’s not just me.

Now the merchant has an outlet for the early-delivery returns.
[stirthepothal.gif]

Lol!

We want the merchant to deny any chance.

Add me to the list of unhappy customers. Sending wine to Vegas right now makes no sense. Their CS team agreed with me, but couldn’t offer any workable solutions. They’ve lost my business.

No refund or replacement?
If this pattern holds, Todd should consider this thread as a sticky.

Disappointing to hear, so is their view “We understand, but tough luck” !
Had you requested the wines be held to be shipped at a later date?

Im yet to actually speak to their CS directly.

“CS” means what? Customer Stuffed?

I have a different issue (in addition to my BDX futures double charge). I ordered a wine for current delivery (east coast to east coast shipping so not worried about heat). FedEx shows the bottle was delivered today, but it wasn’t. I have a camera on the house and was here all day. I’ve emailed customer service, called, etc… and can’t get an answer.

OMGDFG. This is escalated SNAFU-dom. The merchant can have fun and make money, by sending you in an endless roundabout, where it had not notified you of shipment, but can tell you and your credit-card company to ask Fedex for the “delivered” bottles.

Depending on what you use for a camera (or service) it might be necessary to save those clips to use when dealing with FedEx or Wine.com

Most of the delivery services are overwhelmed with the volume they are dealing with nowadays too. I don’t think any of the half dozen ‘signature required’ deliveries I’ve had sent to my house this year actually checked ID or collected a signature.

Pickups at Walgreens or FedEx locations are all by the book procedurally though.

Fedex requires adult signatures for all alcoholic drink deliveries. So, Fedex should demonstrate the signature during a home delivery, when the bottles seem not to have been actually delivered.