Wine auction for donation to World Cntrl Kitchen - Cos d'Estournel

I know for the most part - the 2017 vintage is dismissed, if you try this wine from 2017 you will not dismiss this.
Rating of 98+ from L. P. B at Wine Advocate must make you stop and think,

Wine Auction for donation to Humanitarian efforts in Ukraine
#2 Post by William Gladstone

All proceeds from the auctions we are offering, (100% of the proceeds - we will donate all of the monies received)
I asked my staff - with this proposed $13.6 Bn. U.S. aid package - do we really need to send some more money? Our little bit feels so meager in comparison.
And the answer was - Right now - today, World Central Kitchen is serving thousands of fresh meals to Ukrainian families fleeing home as well as those who remain in the country.

Working at a 24-hour pedestrian border crossing in southern Poland, WCK began serving hot, nourishing meals within hours of the initial invasion and are now set up at eight border crossings across the country. Additionally, we are supporting local restaurants preparing meals in eight Ukrainian cities including in Odessa, Lviv, and Kyiv. WCK teams are also on the ground in Romania, Moldova, and Hungary.
Jose Andres - if you visit the web site, it is very moving, hot food. FREE FOOD, I’ve checked out this charity as best I could almost 90% of the donate money goes to food.
So to support WCK we are offering these bottles to the highest bidder. High bidder will pay us the amount of the winning bid plus pay shipping charges and we will donate the full amount of the winning bid to WCK after all auctions have been concluded.

Auction, Ends at 9:00 PM Eastern Time, Sunday, March 14, and the 4/btls of 2017 Cos d’Estournel (Direct from the Chateau!)
wine goes to the highest bidder Reserve $400 for the 4/btls

L.P.B. Wine Advocate 98+
"Composed of 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot and
1% Cabernet Franc, and it was aged in 60% new oak. It came in at an alcohol of
13%. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cos
d’Estournel needs a little coaxing to unfurl, revealing beautiful
expressions of preserved plums, boysenberries, blackcurrant pastilles
and wild blueberries with hints of Indian spices, menthol, lilacs and
mossy tree bark plus a compelling suggestion of iron ore. Medium to
full-bodied, the palate has a solid backbone of firm, grainy tannins and
well-knit freshness supporting the tightly wound blue and black fruits
layers, finishing long and fragrant. This wine will need a good 5-7 years
in bottle before it begins to blossom and should go on for at least
another 40 years. I expect this wine to be a blockbuster of a head-turner
when I come back and taste it at 10 years of age! " March 2020

How can this be ignored so far? I’ll start the bidding at $500.00 to bump it back into view.

1 Like

2 Likes

WE will be delighted to copy and share the donation receipts, and I’m certain the buyer
can use that receipt for your taxes (we will include your name - for the benefit of)

• World food Kitchen is tax exempt.
    Because we are a heavily controlled - licensed - Federal license - State Licenses that
    require reports to a number of monitor agency’s, we must show where every ounce of
    alcohol goes.
    So we will make separate donations and place your name on the paper work so you
    can present for your taxes.

Please check out the world Food kitchen if you are not familiar - this will show current
activity of 9 food stations across Ukraine - right now

it felt so good to help people with the most basic human need - in this awful time.

A. Mishaan
Thanks so much for your generosity
if you would email
Erika@williamgladstoneimports.com
give her your zip code please
and details of what you won in your donation
she can work out shipping…
thank you

1 Like