William Kelley 2020 Burgundy vintage report

So, if I understand what you are saying, pretty much the only people buying it are “flippers”.
(Not sure what price they are asking now and what they are flipped for.)
And that probably no one on these boards are actually buying and drinking $1000 plus CA Cabernet…or at least admit to it!

Pretty sure someone said the latest SE release was around $1150. You can immediately flip it for $2-3k. Can’t imagine how that gets “tiresome” for anyone. Sell one, drink two for less than the price of one.

I believe Jasper has a few side ventures with Pearl of Burgundy (which is obviously a big importer), so I would expect him to have a good idea as to what’s going on in the market.

Robert…I did not say anything at all and I also did not try to express any opinion.

I am just trying to understand ( and also try to guess what you are trying to say).

Andrew K. answered well your post No. 61. Merci…

“Pretty sure someone said the latest SE release was around $1150. You can immediately flip it for $2-3k. Can’t imagine how that gets “tiresome” for anyone. Sell one, drink two for less than the price of one.“

When I dropped off, the price had risen to $750 and it was getting difficult to find buyers for anything over $1000, and it was just not worth the trouble. Perhaps that was during the Great Recession. Also, not getting that much enjoyment out of CA cab, there was no point in selling any to finance drinking any.

I am sorry, Peter, I was trying to interpret what your comment meant, which I apparently was unable to decipher.

Thanks Robert. No need to apologize at all. I do not know much and do not often drink Calif CA cab. I know some of them are quite and very expensive. I tried some PN from Calif and Oregon and many are very nice. BUT they are expensive here in Quebec Canada. For example Rhys at CA 175.

and its up…

Well, sort of…

You forgot about the stock market. I can’t even look…