Why so many bright cellars?

100% of cellars that have lights in them have many corked bottles.

So, it’s reasonable to conclude that the relative brightness of those lights MAY further impact rate of cork taint.

joke would have been funnier if it didn’t need to be explained to be funny [snort.gif]

to whom is that directed? i can’t keep track of all the jokes on this thread.

I thought it might be a joke, but there was just enough in the question to make me think it might be serious. Well done.

But can they really be sure the lights go out when they shut the door?

An ammeter outside the wine room can be hooked up to the circuit to prove no electricity is flowing to the lights.
A paranoiac might feel compelled to camp out near the ammeter though.

If that’s not good enough, I’m sure a data recorder can be installed to monitor light levels in the cellar.
Maybe an audible alarm should be added to alert the homeowner of unacceptable light levels potentially causing premature aging.

Ooh, I just came up with a new product idea - Opaque Bottle Sleeves for safe wine storage in any lighting conditions.

My cellar door has a glass insert. I am sure, unless in am a butterfly dreaming that I am a Chinese philosopher.

We have had a lot of first world problem threads here, but this one is truly special.

It’s a joke Jay, based on the old silly question about knowing if the fridge light actually goes out when you shut the door :wink:

WHAT IS A JOKE I CAN’T TELL ANYMORE FROM THIS THREAD

It left you in the dark, eh?

I never never want to go home!

So many bright cellars, so few bright posters.

neener

Have it all: use a dimmer on the switch. When you want ambience, you have it. When you need utility, you have it.

Dimmers create damaging electrical fields that adversely affect the wine.

I am shocked by all those pics of cellars where people are not keeping their bottles wrapped in demagnetized aluminum foil.

The brighter the better!

I personally keep my bottles wrapped in aluminum foil. They match my aluminum foil helmet. I don’t want the NSA reading my thoughts or my wine’s thoughts.

What happens to your collection if a double-decker bus crashes into us?

There’s a switch for that:

http://www.amazon.com/Pass-Seymour-692WGCC6-Combination-Grounding/dp/B000BPFWXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442352518&sr=8-1&keywords=switch+pilot+light

Andrew, that live cam sig shows that your lights are always on in the cellar.

Only when someone is watching the live cam