Why Doesn't Riedel Have A Dedicated Glass For Nebbiolo?

I just did an extensive tasting at the Produttori del Barbaresco on June 25. We used Pinot Noir glasses for the tasting.

I think I will go with Aldo Vacca’s choice of glassware over Monie’s request for something special.

[rofl.gif]

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

Good wine tastes good in a Solo cup, bad wine tastes like crap in whatever cup it’s served in. Wine glasses overrated

Wes said there’s a degree of sanity in the world, not that much!

https://www.amazon.com/Riedel-Vinum-Brunello-Montalcino-Glass/dp/B001D20KSQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1530989959&sr=1-1&keywords=riedel+brunello

try using google

Am I the only one who drinks pretty much everything (including Champagne) out of a burgundy glass?

Half of the staff at Riedel thinks they should have a specific Nebbiolo glass. The other half thinks it pointless to do anything less than a glass for Barolo and another for Barbaresco. They’re still at a stand still.

champagne.gif

[rofl.gif]

[And more likely true than Alan’s surmise.]

I’m still stumped about what kind of glass to use for bobal.

And don’t forget different glasses for cru and normale.

I’m still stumped about what kind of glass to use for bobal.

Or Jacquez, or good heavens, Clinton! Although there isn’t much planted and it’s actually illegal in France.

I’m sure you have a favorite class for mencia, Greg. I’m curious – what is it? How about furmint? With your Tatar roots, perhaps you can suggest glasses for Crimean wines while you’re at it.

Yes. You’re welcome.

John, but there has to be separate stems for Ribera Sacra and Bierzo. I’m constantly befuddled as to what to drink either out of

Greg and I can rendezvous with you in Chitown and we’ll conduct a tasting to determine the right glasses for each.

You can provide a set of three of each Riedel glass, I trust.

What is the correct stemware for chinato?

Buy a ticket to Chicago and we’ll tell you.

when I was in Florence this week we had a table of italians next to us and they had their wine in glass we were using or the water (similar to the one pictured) and their water in the provided wine glass (it happened to be a Reidel bordeaux). We laughed but really… maybe they were the ones doing it right?

I don’t know what to drink my Spanna out of either. Also, without a specific glass for Gringet, Dom Belluard’s wines are dead to me. To say nothing of Chasselas, Jacquere and the Chateau-Chalon I’ve had to chug out of a rusty canteen like a philistine for years now.

Because they realized it’s bullshit?