Who’s the REDDEST of red fruit Burgundy?

Just seeing this for the first time, thanks for resurrecting. From my experience With producers I get red fruit from:

Truchot
Lafarge
Bertheau

Villages that come to mind:
Morey-Saint-Denis
Chambolle
Volnay

I would say these days:

Bertheau
Clavelier
Jouan
Ramonet
Bize with age
Camus-Bruchon
Certain Drouhin wines
Certain Mugneret-Gibourg wines

Too little Rousseau these days to know.

Lignier from the early 90’s.

Ramonet’s Chassagne Montrachets. Or a premier cru from Beaune. Also, thinking MSD.

I don’t see Chambolle-Musigny, but it may depend on which side of Chambolle-Musigny one is on.

Buy vintages like 2010, 2014, or 2017 rather than vintages like 2009 or 2015 to get more acidity.

Finally, someone mentioned chassagne montrachet! Not just ramonet though, every one is very red fruited in my experience. Oldest and most red fruited I’ve had was a stunning 59 CM villages red.

A couple updates to my post earlier:

Francois Lumpp Givry (all of the 1ers) are pure, balanced, polished red-fruited beauties. Not quite as “red” as Fourrier or Ponsot, but they have this tart brambly profile that’s very attractive. Astonishing QPR too.

PYCM’s '16 NSG ‘Boudots’ is delicate and red-fruited, albeit with just enough oomph to make it a serious wine.

Santennay and Chassagne Montrachet produce the red fruited wines but they take a lot of time to come around.

Weirdly, the glass in my hand, a Vallet Freres Clos Saint-Jacques 1988, is seriously red(!)
Perhaps not the most potent red fruit perfume I’ve encountered but it has some very serious redcurrent, red cherry, pomegranate pow…

I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of red CM over time. My two favorite producers of this are Ramonet and Bernard Moreau.

I agree. One of the best wines I have ever had was the 1948 DRC GE from magnum a few years ago. Raspberry liqueur with serious length and complexity. A benchmark Burgundy for me.

That was a good one Joe.

These plus Liger-Belair. I also get it from Hudelot-Noellat. Ramonet’s reds especially the Clos St Jean.