Who’s the REDDEST of red fruit Burgundy?

This is the color I’m looking for!

Is Les Amoureuses the vineyard you were thinking of alan? And this 93 was a brilliant red color, with age, for me.

And I can’t wait to try this 64 Amoureuses…that looks shockingly bright red in color!

georges lignier clos st. denis? wonder how their newer vintages are doing these days …

But I drink far more Burgundy than Rhone neener

Seriously, I always find Fourrier to be riper and more extracted than most other Burg Producers. That pretty much guarantees them to be darker, both in color and flavor.

In answer to Buzz: I’d nominate Mugneret Gibourg, and Hudelot Noellat, particularly if he’s looking at color rather than flavor.

Fourrier - yes, crunchy cranberry
Ghislaine Barthod - weightless, fine
Clavelier - crunchy, petit fruits rouge

For region I think of Mercureys, Marsannays as more red fruited as a generalisation.

Great thread.

Fourrier and Clavelier came to mind for me. A recent-ish 2011 Clavelier Combe d’Orveaux (my favorite wine in their lineup by some margin) had some of the most delicious and refreshing crunchy red fruits of any wine I can recall.

Agreed.

Man, that looks like a Cornelissen wine.
I’m with Alan on Fourrier, more dark fruited than pure red.

Dublere isanother one(altho i have not tried his nsg).

Clos St. Denis as compared to Clos de la Roche, Romanee St. Vivant as compared to Richebourg, Griotte(s) as compared to Mazy and Chambertin.

Producers Ponsot, Drouhin, de l’Arlot

64 Clos du Ducs was amazing
85 Ponsot Clos St. Denis and Griotte
And pretty much anything Laurence Jobard made at Drouhin.
Always memorable 78-90 Jayer and Jacky Truchot 89- 02 wines. The reddest of the red.

Don’t omit his '88s.

Not as red as the 89’s but yes you are right.
Louis Liger-Belair starting in 06 also very red!

Isn’t this why Aaron Burr shot that other guy?

I also think red with Fourrier.
We drank a Marsannay Rosé tonight that was pretty red. [wink.gif]

I think maybe the difference is 08 and younger Fourrier having the brighter red fruit profile vs 01 and older Fourrier having the darker fruit.

Denis Mortet Chambolle-Musigny was pretty red to me

Ponsot in Charmes and in Chambolle.

The pictures above show translucent red. For thick rich red, like the redder Fourriers LOL, I think of Ruchottes for a vineyard and Laurent for a negociant.

Nah it’s why Hamilton missed.

Was looking a this thread again…last I heard Beaujolais is still Burgundy right? Surprised no one mentioned a Bojo like a Foillard or Lapierre Morgon?

In no particular order: Ponsot, Fourier, Damoy

A. et P. de Villaine