Where to buy white truffles?

Any idea when an order today from Sabatino will ship? Is overnight delivery necessary or 2nd day sufficient?

Btw, I just tried it for black truffles too (but didn’t complete the order) and it works, so even though the site says the discount is for white truffles, it is not limited to them.

k.

I’m currently in Burgundy and some friends were in Alba last weekend who thankfully picked up just a few white truffles…AMAZING.

You people are killing me. OK, I couldn’t resist, I just placed an order with Sabatino as well, with the 50% off. I double checked at Eataly (as I am in NYC at the moment) and Eataly’s prices are within $10 of the Sabatino retail price (before discount).

I just placed an order as well - looking forward to some great truffles (hopefully high quality notwithstanding their 50% off sale).

Too bad that they only offer express shipping at very high rates as some of their other products looked good. I was tempted to buy a truffle slicer at 1/2 off but shipping for that would have added more to the cost than what I would be paying for the slicer… And some of their jarred products looked good but no need to pay more to ship them than their cost.

I just placed at order for an ounce of white as well. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them.

I wasn’t actually going to order, but since I helped start the rush I decided that I may as well. No specific dinner in mind yet. It will be fun!

If there’s no specific dinner in mind, let’s cook together! :wink:

Sure, just fly out to Seattle…

I just picked up some wild deer rib roasts from the processor today and thought about the white truffle on the way. I’m thinking a rib roast with a Port blackberry reduction and shaved truffle. Probably preceded by risotto with truffles. Sounds like a nice meal on the way.

Now I have to make stock tomorrow for the risotto. I may try a quick stock in the pressure cooker.

k.

Went for some also.

The plan is to keep things simple; hot fettuccine tossed with butter and maybe some parmigiano-reggiano and shave the truffle on top. Maybe toss on a raw egg to see what that is like also since truffle and eggs are supposed to be a great combo also… so I guess truffle cabonara. To be consumed with ample amounts of Barolo.

I actually recommend just the simplest stock. Mirepoix. Some parsely stems. A bunch of chopped up mushrooms. Keep your risotto chicken stock free…

So I also hopped on the 50% off bandwagon yesterday. But I never got a shipping notice and the truffles did not arrive today (paid for overnight shipping). Anyone else have issues with them?

I haven’t received a shipping notice either. Maybe they are shipping at the beginning of the week instead.

Well that’s no good for me. I ordered with the intention of cooking with them this weekend, and it says they have them in stock. If they don’t plan on immediately filling orders they need to clearly state that somewhere.

I ordered mine two-day and when I called the next morning, they said they were overnighting it instead to get it Saturday. It would be my guess that orders too late to go out on Friday for Saturday delivery would be held so it isn’t hanging out in a FedEx warehouse all Sunday. But that’s just my guess.

Btw, I am making my stock right now for my risotto tomorrow.

k.

Last time a few weeks ago I was ordering with a specific (Saturday) night in mind so ordered on Tuesday for 2-day. They overnighted, so I ended up with them on Wednesday which was sooner than I wanted. Next time I figured I would call if I needed a specific date. Nothing better than talking to a person.

This time with the 50% offer I ordered on a whim with no timetable and no specific meal in mind. It’s actually better for me if it comes early next week, as I am pretty maxed this weekend with non-Truffle friendly commitments.

I didn’t get a shipping notice Friday either but the box was on my doorstep when I got home from running errands yesterday. They were delicious. I also got 4 small black truffles and while 3 were great, one wasn’t quite right. I’ll have to call them tomorrow about that.

Ordered Friday. Got mine Saturday by 10 AM. Thanks again for the heads up, Eric. Tonight, risotto with truffles, osso bucco and 1958 G Conterno Barolo Riserva. Can’t wait!