When Will 2008 Cristal And 2008 Dom Perignon Be Released?

K&L-$249

What’s up with the 16% malo? Is this common?

Alan, you should have come for the release party. Good stuff at plaza athene. What did you think of the 2008 ?

The consensus at the release seemed to be that it would get to the US late this year.

A big congrats to Vincent as the new winemaker as well!!!

A bit off topic from the OP, but 2008 PJ Flower is in the San Diego Costco outlets as of today for $100 a bottle. I picked up three to put in checked baggage on the trip home.

€140 offer today for Cristal 08 from Europe. Haven’t seen 08 Dom.

$239 for Cristal from JJB private list, which is…not a good deal.

I bit at the equivalent of 215 usd yesterday. (In U.K.)

PSA: 08 Cristal at $199 at Vins Rare.

In before sellout haha

Michael always with the clutch PSAs. :slight_smile:

As desirable a wine as the 2008 Cristal is, and acknowledging that for some, cost is not an issue, I wonder at what price it becomes a deal breaker for many.

Although I wasn’t too interested in the Cristal at the 229-239 range the Vins Rare deal looked pretty enticing at $199.
I don’t usually buy too much in this price range and usually its vintage Krug, but grabbed 6 bottles based on all of the positive press. When I just checked VR has 15 btls left. They are doing pretty well. They had over 6 cases when I checked an hour ago. No affiliation. Perhaps Costco or someone else will offer it cheaper, but then there’s no guarantee my local Costco stocks it.

I think 200 is a pretty good price and I loaded up. Was Cristal selling for more in stores last decade when it was more popular with the hip hop set?

I just read that the 2008 Cristal includes 16% of the vins clairs that atypically went through malo to take off the sharp edges. Should be an interesting Cristal.

Probably a good choice given the vintage characteristicsZ

Quick update.

Dom Perignon- I had conflicting reports of the 2008 being in the US pending release once the 2009 runs out versus still not here. Confirmed pretty definitively today that the wine is still not here- and that there will be a special label version at the holidays and the regular label due out March 2019. We will see if that holds, but that is best data I have at the moment.

Cristal- I went ahead and bit today for $225 (with case discount.) Looking at who is selling the wine on WS, and the asking price, plus taking into account some insight I got today on the wholesale side, I think at this point it is dangerous to hold out for anything under $200. I do think the wine will still be in the $225-250 range for much of this year- so no rush to buy this second if you do not want to- but I do not see any bargains coming. This stuff is being allocated ruthlessly. I am buying now because I like my champagne to be in the distribution chain for the shortest time possible even though I know it is well stored here.

Given the huge supplies of champagne out there and the buying power of the Costcos and groceries of the world- it is harder to predict champagne than other wines- so take my thoughts with that caveat. That Costco deal may happen- but I think it will be $170+ if it does (vs 140ish for the 09), and the wines will go to those who are lucky to be in the right place at the right time or who have the time to check the shelves with great regularity.

All IMHO.

Haven’t heard about a special label release, but other than that, the latest I’ve heard is the same as you.

Any updates on the 08 Dom

The 08 legacy is all over the place, picked up about a case and a half so far, I’ll grab more of the regular when it’s out.

What’s the difference between the legacy & regular

The box and label

Regular is supposedly Jan 2019, FYI.