When Will 2008 Cristal And 2008 Dom Perignon Be Released?

Thanks Brad.

Nothing on pro version in the US yet. For Europe as a whole, 2008 average price is about 8% over 2009 average price- so not a huge differential.

I am certainly ready to pounce on 2008 Dom and Cristal when they get here- but I am also being somewhat wary knowing that with the hype over 2008 in general, some cracks just starting to show in luxury goods demand and the huge production levels of both wines- being first does not necessarily mean getting the best price. I am not one to worry about a few bucks at this level, but I certainly won’t be jumping all over any offers that are double digit percentages over where the 2009s were. Odds are better waiting a bit I think.

Now that the major champagne houses are finding good profitability in maintaining and regularly advertising library stock, it is possible quite a bit of 2008 will be held back- but at the volumes involved I still think there will be a good supply through the end of the year.

08 and 09 were both pretty small vintages due to the financial crisis right?

Benchmark has good supply of ‘08 Cristal on pre-arrival @ $229.

Better but still more than 4x what I paid for the outstanding 2008 Roederer Brut, and much higher than the UK pricing quoted above.

Brad, do you know whether there will be a 2012 Cristal?

When I visited them in 2013 to taste the vin clairs they said there would probably only be Cristal and no regular vintage and rose due to their huge losses to hail. So I was surprised both to see 2012 rose and regular being readily available now. Especially with the “8 percent in cask vinifaction” from the tech sheet because I thought that was reserved for Cristal.

I paid $149 at envoyer for the 2009.

I also adore the 2008 Roederer BdB which was similar pricing. Just pointing out that it’s available in the US if you want to pay over $200.

I can also remember what I paid for the '96 Cristal. Let’s not go there [swearing.gif]

Waiting for Costco.

Exactly. Hopefully they’ll have the 2 packs like they do for the 09’s.

As I am. I will strike quickly as soon as I find some, I suspect these will come and go quickly.

what did the 09 sell for at Costco?

$138.95

I trust someone here will post when/if the wine hits Costco. :slight_smile:

Email offer from Zachys just hit my in box for the 08 Cristal

The 2008 DP is physically at wholesalers in Texas as of last Saturday. I talked with the wine buyer for one of our better grocery chains and she called him directly as I was standing there. No word on pricing per bottle yet, and no official statement on when it will be on retailers’ shelves.

took a private tour at Dom today. Tomorrow is the official release of 08 Dom, press and dignitaries celebrating. Don’t know price. Won’t be in US till 09 stocks gone.

Envoyer offered the ‘08 Cristal today for $229. Easy pass for me. I’ll try to pick up a few more of the ‘09 instead.

How was the tour? Pretty amazing cellars underground.

We had the 09 last Sunday and it is an excellent wine.

My hope is that this will go down after the first few offers and the hype subsides. Hopefully, this is not the new normal for Cristal pricing.